5 Posts

Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck» Forums » Variants

Subject: Clear cards from market rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Praet
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, we played a 5-player game today vs the Vexing Imp boss. Already very early in the we were stuck with a market offering that consisted of 3 cards with 8, and 2 cards with cost 6. Given that the imps abilities also force you to discard cards we really had a lot of trouble, never being able to buy any cards from the market. Soon, all the fire gems were gone too.

I really think the game needs a mechanism to clear unwanted cards from the market. I'm thinking of allowing the Fire Gem trash ability to "deal 3 damage OR sacrifice a card from the market".

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gonzalvez
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraet wrote:
I really think the game needs a mechanism to clear unwanted cards from the market. I'm thinking of allowing the Fire Gem trash ability to "deal 3 damage OR sacrifice a card from the market".

What do you think?

Sounds like a good house rule. Try it out and see if it works, or if it makes the game too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retha Knoetze
msg tools
I agree that this would be useful. I am playing solo at the moment, and I am often forced to have all 4 colours in my deck, just to keep the market moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Grady
Canada
Oregon
flag msg tools
Yeah, just finished two unsuccessful rounds of vexing imp and in the first game, by marketplace draw 3, the available cards were all 6+ cost and by draw 8 for the second game.

Is this part of the challenge for vexing imp or our shot luck. We did pull a crazy number of 8 costers in both games.....like 6 total out of 21 marketplace cards seen, but still, 6 and 7 costs filled the rest of the spots.

Also, side track a bit, when you use the master's gold ability to draw imps, do those drawn imps:
1. Come into play expended or ready to go?
2. Have their master ability on that card triggered?

Also, do the mastery cards get shuffled back into the deck when the master levels up and again if the deck runs out (which doesn't happen for vexing imp master)?

Thanks for any help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ipfreely wrote:
Yeah, just finished two unsuccessful rounds of vexing imp and in the first game, by marketplace draw 3, the available cards were all 6+ cost and by draw 8 for the second game.

Is this part of the challenge for vexing imp or our shot luck. We did pull a crazy number of 8 costers in both games.....like 6 total out of 21 marketplace cards seen, but still, 6 and 7 costs filled the rest of the spots.

Also, side track a bit, when you use the master's gold ability to draw imps, do those drawn imps:
1. Come into play expended or ready to go?
2. Have their master ability on that card triggered?

Also, do the mastery cards get shuffled back into the deck when the master levels up and again if the deck runs out (which doesn't happen for vexing imp master)?

Thanks for any help

1. They come into play ready to go.

2. They do not trigger any master abilities.

When a Master levels up, all of its Mastery cards go to its discard pile. From that point any future Mastery cards flipped will attach to the Master and stay there for the rest of the game.

It is possible for the Vexing Imp to shuffle its deck a second time if you manage to discard the Escape card from its deck. (This happened to me over the weekend.)

An expensive Market early in the game can be really hard to overcome, especially in Encounter 2 where the Masters are trying to slow you down more than trying to defeat you with damage.

One tip (which is unrelated to an expensive Market) is that the Vexing Imp doesn't have good ways to stun champions himself, and has to rely on his minions to generate combat to do so. So it really helps to get a few solid champions on the board early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.