Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The special ability for Texas is that they can use one of their faction actions twice in the same round.

Can the extra be used at the same time? For example, if I am exchanging a gun for a red arrow, and I want to use that action twice, can I exchange two guns for two arrows as a single action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
The special ability for Texas is that they can use one of their faction actions twice in the same round.

Can the extra be used at the same time? For example, if I am exchanging a gun for a red arrow, and I want to use that action twice, can I exchange two guns for two arrows as a single action?

No. You're using the action twice... not doubling an action.

You take ONE action, then it's someone else's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I assumed and have been doing. It honestly didn't even occur to me until I was playing the other day and thought, "I wonder what the ruling would be on that?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that double actions could be done one at a time or as a double action in one turn.

Nay! That is but for locations, see below

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
I thought that double actions could be done one at a time or as a double action in one turn.

No.

Quote:
Starting with the First Player, and continuing clockwise, each player performs one Action at a time. You can perform any of the following Actions.

Available Actions:
• Build a Location
• Make a Deal
• Raze a Location
• Use an Action from a card
• Use an Action from your Faction board
• Use another player’s Open Production Location
• Take or play a Connection card
• Pass

Once you pass in the Action Phase, you may not perform any other Actions in the current round.
Also, their Locations are immune from other players attempting to Raze them, or otherwise interact with them. For example, no one can Raze your Location or use your Open Production Locations with you when you pass.
There is no other limit to the number, type, or order of Actions that you can take during the entire Action Phase, as long as you take them one at a time and have any required Goods.

The Action Phase continues until all players have passed.

Quote:
Your Faction board also provides some Actions. This is stuff you can do even if you don’t have any Locations. As with Actions on cards - you can only do this stuff once per round unless the text says otherwise.

Texas just lets you do one of your actions twice in the ROUND, not in the same turn.

There is this text which might have caused the confusion:

Quote:
You can only use an Action on a card once per round unless the text says otherwise. If it can be used more than once, you can choose to activate it all at once or on different turns. If any decisions are involved in the Action you can choose differently each time, even if you did them all at once.

But that's in the locations section, not re: action selections.

Also see this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22807142#22807142
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

There is this text which might have caused the confusion:

Quote:
You can only use an Action on a card once per round unless the text says otherwise. If it can be used more than once, you can choose to activate it all at once or on different turns. If any decisions are involved in the Action you can choose differently each time, even if you did them all at once.

You absolutely nailed where my confusion sprung from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
Played the game for the first time today.

Texas seems way underpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.