6 Posts

Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain» Forums » Rules

Subject: trap - too powerful or am I missing something rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve rossiter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Once the scotti have 'trap' they can launch 4 raids per turn and strike all opponents in each region without so much as a scratch, on average killing 2 opponents pieces ie 8 pieces per turn. Doesn't seem much point the Brits wasting resources to defend hills at all as they just automatically get wiped out (unless bad scotti die rolls) Or am I missing something (which I will concede is possible!?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure that only Warbands can Trap, and not Raiders, if you are referring to Card #56, Celyddon Coed. If I recall correctly, there is a card that allows Raiders to Trap, but it's only for 1 Raid at the time the Card is played (Mistborn, Card # 52).

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryntyrch2015 wrote:
Once the scotti have 'trap' they can launch 4 raids per turn and strike all opponents in each region without so much as a scratch, on average killing 2 opponents pieces ie 8 pieces per turn. Doesn't seem much point the Brits wasting resources to defend hills at all as they just automatically get wiped out (unless bad scotti die rolls) Or am I missing something (which I will concede is possible!?)
Which event are you referring to and what is the exact text on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve rossiter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
O Dear.
Its card 56 (Celyddon coed) and Tony is right, its only WARBANDS, not raiders. Must have looked at that card a dozen times and just didnt read it.
Sorry for wasting your time, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryntyrch2015 wrote:
O Dear.
Its card 56 (Celyddon coed) and Tony is right, its only WARBANDS, not raiders. Must have looked at that card a dozen times and just didnt read it.
Sorry for wasting your time, guys.

Most definitely NOT a waste of time. Every question anyone asks helps us understand the game better ourselves.

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries indeed, if it helps you and others clarify something, it's useful :-)

Celyddon Coed, though not the ultimate weapon you feared, is still a very potent weapon in the Scotti arsenal, making it much easier for Scotti to defend their Strongholds (pretty much compelling the Britons to arrange some kind of 1-2 attack to avoid being trapped between the moving in and the battling). Note however it works only with warbands, and only when on a Scotti Battle Command (i.e. doesn't work if the Scotti are the defenders).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.