Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns   The Fearsome Foes  The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.             AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Director's office is now under new management...

Introducing: The Trickster

Anyone that has been following along on the SGOYT lists will have seen some references to this, but now it's far enough along that it's ready to be released.
---------------------------

The Trickster Deck is a special Director deck designed to present a variety of unique new challenges and to keep players on their toes with ever-changing conditions.

Instead of mixing a few new cards in with an existing Director deck, the Trickster deck is a completely new and entirely self-contained set of 34 cards. (Plus two reference cards: one with the rules, and another with all of the Director icons.)

Each card has the normal battlefield display on the bottom, but instead of being focused on just two or three specific types this will throw a little bit of everything at you, so you have to be ready for anything. That part alone plays somewhat like doing a full random shuffle of the standard director cards, so if you've played that way before you'll have some idea of what to expect.

However, what sets the Trickster apart from the Director is that each card also has an overriding global effect that can have a profound effect on what the Trickster's character do and what your characters do. Some will severely disrupt your plans while others will provide only a nuisance, and some you might be able to ignore entirely depending on the situation. Many also give you a small bonus in return, so if you can take a little hurt they can actually help you from time to time.

You use only 10 of the Trickster cards each game (like you would when facing the normal Director), and all but two of the global effects appear on two cards with completely different field activations on the bottom, so it'll be a whole new challenge every time you play - on top of the mind-blowing amount of variety created by using a different set of characters each time.

Difficulty Rating: I'd put this somewhere around a 7 or 8, but it will vary somewhat just based on the cards you get. It will definitely take more effort to beat than a CounterStrike + Resistance deck, but you won't be dead before you even begin like when you have the misfortune of going up against a Heal+Web/Target deck.

You can get the files here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ARDATFDkmJcGcgzVgQJK...

In that same folder are the files for my previously-released New Characters Expansion, plus an extra sheet with a few brand-new bonus characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is most excellent! I can't wait to print these out and get to playing!

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls