Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to understand the diplomacy part of the game. At this point I have 2 questions:

1: Not all countries seem to be in the Minor Power Units Table. I noticed Persian and Iraq missing.

2: After a country has been attacked, who controls the units of the attacked country? I assume this is done by friendly agreement (Say you have a 3 player game. Axis attacks a country. SU and Western Allies then decides among themselves who controls the country?). This would determine when the country has impulses.

Edit: I found an answer to #2 under "Powers": "If subjectyed to a declaration of war, minor powers are played by the Commonwealth, German, or Japanese players as appropriate to the situation".

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear: Page 25 has a list of Minor Power Units. Persia, Iraq (and possibly others) are missing from this table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dieterly
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Minor Power unitsg
Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply...its been a hell week at work.

Those are minor countries (e.g. Persia, Portugal, Denmark, Ireland) that do not have units.

But they are not a MINOR POWER (because they do not have any units)
(Page 20)

It's a small distinction in practicum. There are a few rules that this distinction has bearance but nothing huge. The biggest is those countries never commit as an ally to anyone. (note, however, Persia can be "annexed" by its special rule.)

Regards,

Art
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AG AG
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe that the player that control the units cannot do so during its major power impulse, but rather after the allied player impulse (i believe the board says unallied minor powers).

The controlling player only do this during its impulse if the minor power its allied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.