Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Gillis
Canada
Killam
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple enough thread. Please post when you get yours and let us know where you are from!

Nothing like a little hype build while we wait on Canada Post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
msg tools
Have people started receiving tracking numbers from S&L?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schmidt
msg tools
I called Snakes and Lattes today, and they told me they have yet to receive anything. -_-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kerkhoff
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hope that was just there standard line and is wrong. Otherwise, I think us Canadians need to start speaking up here. It was to arrive on March 1st at S&L and now on the 26th, almost four weeks later, still nothing? All we’ve been feed is weekly lines of “sorry, delay another week” for a month without real answers. I get it isn’t SP or S&L fault, but it would be nice to know what is going on. Starting to make me wonder if the Canadian ball has been dropped again. Hopefully some from SP can update us as to what is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beaulieu
Canada
Timmins
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Timmins, Ontario here...

Nothing yet, but I opted to get both waves at once for October. So, I'm the architect of my own torture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Schultz
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing yet and while I understand port congestion (I work in transportation) the lack of updates is a little frustrating. So no hype build here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schmidt
msg tools
For a little more info:
I called S&L about two weeks ago and they said they were expecting it to arrive on the 24th after the trains were being held up in BC, and that shipping to backers would begin this week. Whoever I spoke to yesterday didn't seem to have any new info about where the shipment was, though I was told as soon as it arrives, backers would get an email telling us processing would begin, and then another one once they have been sent out with tracking numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Dagenais
msg tools
mbmbmb
No sign of life in Quebec neither !

What about asking SP to get info from the shippers ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jkerkhoff wrote:
I hope that was just there standard line and is wrong. Otherwise, I think us Canadians need to start speaking up here. It was to arrive on March 1st at S&L and now on the 26th, almost four weeks later, still nothing? All we’ve been feed is weekly lines of “sorry, delay another week” for a month without real answers. I get it isn’t SP or S&L fault, but it would be nice to know what is going on. Starting to make me wonder if the Canadian ball has been dropped again. Hopefully some from SP can update us as to what is going on.

The ship was delayedin China. It arrived in Canada on March 21th. Add 1 week for the customs, it should arrive any day now to S&L and the shipping should start very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kostiuk
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I just called snakes and lattes and posted their response on kickstarter.
I'm also posting their response here:

Update for Canadian backers

I called up snakes and lattes shipping warehouse to inquire if they allow for local pick ups. I work downtown, so picking up the game would be so much faster than waiting for them to mail it off.

1. They unfortunately don't accommodate local pick ups, so we need to wait for them to ship the games
2. They haven't received the games yet. They're expecting to receive them on Monday, but there's a possibility of a day or two delay because of the long weekend
3. They're preparing the shipping information in the meantime due to the anticipation for this game and will start shipping once they receive it
4. When shipped, backers will get tracking information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kerkhoff
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Deadpoetic6 wrote:
jkerkhoff wrote:

The ship was delayedin China. It arrived in Canada on March 21th. Add 1 week for the customs, it should arrive any day now to S&L and the shipping should start very soon.

The orginal arrival date was Feb 22 with the shipment arriving in Toronto Mar 1. The actual arrival to the Vancouver Port was March 8th (not March 21), 3 weeks ago. Add one week for customs and another to get across Canada (we are a big country) and it should have arrived already. Now it sounds like (via other Backers above) it will be at least another week before it arrives at S&L even after the orginal delays (i.e. China). As I stated, I get it is not their fault (SP or S&L) but some communication as to why it is being delayed so much (each week it is delayed by another week with barely a sentance to let us know much less why). Considering the issues with the Canadian shipment with the first Kickstarter and they said they learned their lesson for Canda, it seems we are being put on the backburner again. I just wish there was more communication and maybe a little focus on the Canadian shipment as there always seems to be more news about the other shipments. If it is going to be three weeks yet, just tell me and explain why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ginn
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcif3r wrote:
2. They haven't received the games yet. They're expecting to receive them on Monday, but there's a possibility of a day or two delay because of the long weekend

So let me get this straight: The shipment may not arrive at S&L until Tuesday or Wednesday NEXT WEEK?!? Meaning most of us won't see it until the second week of April, at the earliest??

So much for "learning our lessons about Canadian shipping." I, too, would appreciate an update from SP to explain these continued delays. I appreciate that certain factors are out of their hands, but communication with their customers is ALWAYS in their hands.

How about it, SP? Care to comment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Winer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great name for this thread! I just wanted to pass on that Zim Moskva arrived in port on March 8th and departed on March 12th.

If it takes about a week to clear customs and a week to ship across Canada - then possibly add the logistics in Toronto to pick up/drop off at S&L with a day or two? It seems possible that it could arrive at S&L next week with the long weekend coming up ...as disappointing as it is. We are all excited about this one arriving sooner than later. Then add on a week or two for it to arrive at the doorstep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
Canada
flag msg tools
I know that there is nothing that they can do about the time it is taking to get everything to S&L, but it would be nice if they would send a quick update because their last two updates and what the people at S&L's are saying are pretty pathetic.

Update #63 on the KS site they said it was being held up a bit in customs(which happens and is fine) and it should get to Toronto by the 21st. Update #64 which was on March 21st when the shipment was supposed to arrive says another hold up they should be here March 23rd. Somebody calls S&L and they say no no we have not gotten anything yet and it should be here by the 2nd of April, so unless the train is just leaving Vancouver now(which in that case they could easily update us on this) it takes about 4 days to get from Vancouver to Toronto, you would think they have it all by now.

I have enjoyed watching the ship inch closer and closer and the delays on it did not really bother me, neither did the customs stuff but it would be nice for a quick update letting us know if in fact customs is holding it longer.

Rant over

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
msg tools
I'm definitely disappointed that the delivery has been delayed. I don't feel I was mislead by SP at all though. The SP updates have been adequate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
I think patience is a virtue regarding all Kickstarters. I give the updates one look and forget about it until 2 weeks alter to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I, too, was curious by what SP meant early on when they said that they had learned their lesson from the first Canadian shipment. SP never clarified what this meant, and nobody else was willing to engage in this topic with me.

At first glance, SP really did seem like they had learned their lesson. Shipping to Vancouver instead of New York seemed a great way to shave a bunch of time off delivery, but... What's this? A cross-country train trip, only to send the games back across the country to backers in BC? WTF?! Why not fulfill out of Vancouver? You may well have had your games now, had that happened. At the very least, they'd most certainly be on their way to you by now.

I'm in the States, but I feel for you guys because I'm a fellow Cascadian and it's been crazy frustrating watching the US ship bypass perfectly good Pacific US ports to take an extra 3 weeks cruising past Mexico, across the Panama Canal, through the Caribbean to Houston. Mobile, Backwards to new Orleans. Then Miami, and finally our destination in Jacksonville. Jeebus H. Criminy, what a freaking circuitous clusterfunk.

I really hope SP decides to both ship to and fulfill from the Pacific Coast come October, though my gut tells me that Canada has a better chance of this happening than the US. If it does, I'm asking SP to change my shipping country. I don't mind taking a weekend with our friends in North Vancouver-it's a lovely city, and a great place to be cursed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Schultz
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t get fulfilling out of Toronto either. It makes no sense for any of us in western Canada not just the coast. While there is not a lot one can do regarding customs (I’m assuming it was targeted for examination?) the lack of updates is frustrating. Transparency and making information available to your customers is a huge deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense to deliver from as central a location as possible. Minimises total shipping miles. Shipping from the West coast would make a few deliveries cheaper and make most of the rest more expensive.

Someone posted this before, pretty interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qfeoqErtY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Schultz
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said earlier I get it I work in transportation and have a ton of experience with ocean imports and customs. From a customer perspective it’s still not great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Crowdfunding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nan Lin
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a customer perspective, I suppose it boils down to whether you'd want to saddle your customers with increased shipping fees so that half (?) of them can get their games a few days sooner.

Fun fact. Apparently the population center of Canada is in a protected state park in Michigan, as of 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Any news yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haven't heard anything - probably shouldn't be surprised. What I find particularly annoying is how active Snakes and Lattes are in posting inane content several times per day on their twitter feed without a single update regarding this game so many people are waiting for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ginn
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ajaytobin wrote:
Haven't heard anything - probably shouldn't be surprised. What I find particularly annoying is how active Snakes and Lattes are in posting inane content several times per day on their twitter feed without a single update regarding this game so many people are waiting for.

I think it's safe to say they simply don't have it yet. Their "updates" would comprise of nothing more than "It's still not here, folks." What more can they do that they haven't already done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.