Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nemesis Agent Damon, who is walking on a pair of stilts, has the following special rule:

"Long Legs: when Outdoors, Damon has +2 Agility."

So Damon's base Agiilty of 2 is increased to 4 when he's outdoors.

What happens if Damon starts an Agility action outdoors, but moves indoors as part of that action?

What if he moves indoors with:

- his first Agility point?
- His second?
- His third?
- His fourth?

And of course the flip side: what if he moves from indoors to outdoors?

We considered the following solutions:

1. Damon's Agility is determined at the start of his action and does not change. This is supported by a strict reading of the rulebook on Agility actions (page 15): "When performing an Agility action, the figure get (sic) Agility points equal to the their (sic) Agility Physical Attribute value, to be spent among the options below: [Move, Open Door, Move through Window, Give Equipment]."

2. Damon cannot gain the bonus if he spends, or would spend, any of his movement indoors.

3. Damon should alternate spending real and bonus movement points, with each pair in any order ; so for example (Basic - Bonus - Basic - Bonus), or (Bonus - Basic - Basic - Bonus).

#3 is a bit tricky but rewards careful maneuvering with Damon by the Nemesis player. It was the outgrowth of some other "proportional to the time he spends indoors/outdoors" ideas.

We'll probably go with #3, but we can see valid cases for #1 and #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went for #1, but I can see an argument for #2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mark
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
If he moves indoors with his

First, he loses the other bonus agility point.
Second, he's already used up his bonus agility points.
Third, he has one agility point left to use.
Fourth, common sense.

Flip side. If he moves outdoors, he gains 2 bonus agility points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balazs Szendroi
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We ran into it yesterday, and I think he gets 4 if he starts outside as per the rules.But since most houses can be passed through by 4 movement points he has basically 4 speed most of the time. Because of this we played him the way that he loses 2 whenever he steps into a house. I think this is needed for chapter 3. Now with chapter 4 (I guess your problem comes from here) I think the original rules will be fine, since he will start his movement inside a house quite often if he goes for the objectives .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mark
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
You can probably work around it like the way health boxes work. You lose all the "extras" first before you start losing those actual basic ones on your character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
szendroib wrote:
Now with chapter 4 (I guess your problem comes from here) ...

Nah, it's not any particular chapter that prompted our question. It arose right away in Chapter 3 the first time Damon entered the game.

It's been interesting to read the variety of responses here. Clearly it's a puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.