Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Canada
Spruce Grove
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Looking to get Through the Ages on either Steam or iOS...just wondering if one is better than the other. I know the Steam version just released but curious if anyone has tried both.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about getting it on Steam as I already have it on iOS but not sure I want to buy it twice.

I looked at the screenshots of both and they look very similar, though there is more space and everything looks a bit less cluttered on the Steam version (which makes sense being on a computer screen vs a smaller iPad screen.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Canada
Spruce Grove
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be playing it on my iPhone plus...maybe that's a silly idea lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how good you eyesight is I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another case is to make sure they scale things properly. If the PC/Steam version is just the phone version but with everything blown up to higher resolution, not saying that's a bad thing. But if it maximizes and effectively uses the larger screen real estate (one case is some tablet versions of games shows text on cards, vs. on phones, you'd need to long press/double tap to zoom in), all the better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have then both. Graphically I haven't noticed any difference. The PC version uses a mouse which I much prefer but the IOS/IPAD version is portable so they both have their place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hudson Reed
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
GO for the ios version. You'll soon appreciate the freedom of movement you have while playing. THere's no issues with the screen size. The designers knew what they were working with when they made it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.