Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Imperius» Forums » General

Subject: Alright, sell me on the game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T M
msg tools
Right now the game is on KS... and I am on the fence.
The game looks fun. Well, it looks great.
But I am not sure as to how much replayability it has.
There are not many card variations, so there may be a risk, that after a few games it could look very much the same.
So, please tell me why I worry too much.
6 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Regnarts wrote:
Right now the game is on KS... and I am on the fence.
The game looks fun. Well, it looks great.
But I am not sure as to how much replayability it has.
There are not many card variations, so there may be a risk, that after a few games it could look very much the same.
So, please tell me why I worry too much.


I'm the designer, so, I'm very biased. I will say for starters before Kolossal saw this it was played by my group over 100 times.

Secondly, it is incredibly player driven. This means play styles can really add a lot of variety.

Thirdly, starting now and especially with the stretches being unlocked now, the game has dozens of unique events (you only use 4 per game), a dozen plus unique planets (use one per game), and several unique elders per faction, leading to quite a few all told.

We've tested literally hundred or more cards to come to the ones that are clear, fun, and interesting, over and over.

I design all of my games for 100+ plays. That often means my games come at a 1-2 game learning curve, but my hope is that you can play them for years and years.
29 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I have a game called Five Ravens that Grant created a short while ago, and I am backing based on his brilliant ability to construct a balanced, meaningful and strategic experience with a board/card game.

If you haven't had the pleasure of owning a game designed by Grant, I would highly suggest you get in on this.
11 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
I have a game called Five Ravens that Grant created a short while ago, and I am backing based on his brilliant ability to construct a balanced, meaningful and strategic experience with a board/card game.

If you haven't had the pleasure of owning a game designed by Grant, I would highly suggest you get in on this.


Thank you for saying that matthew! The response to Five Ravens was really quiet, which has had me nervous. It's one of the designs of which I'm most proud. Thank you for taking the time to say that here.
9 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I am not just speaking for myself either. My wife enjoys it as much as I do and it sees the table a lot! Five Ravens is such a quick, well balanced game with beautiful art and cool, unique game play!

You deserve the praise Grant, you take incredible time and consideration to make sure you put out a product people will enjoy and it is greatly appreciated on this end.
8 
 Thumb up
0.11
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
I am not just speaking for myself either. My wife enjoys it as much as I do and it sees the table a lot! Five Ravens is such a quick, well balanced game with beautiful art and cool, unique game play!

You deserve the praise Grant, you take incredible time and consideration to make sure you put out a product people will enjoy and it is greatly appreciated on this end.


Whelp, you just made my day.
8 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
6 
 Thumb up
0.11
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kira Peavley
msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
mattyd777 wrote:
I have a game called Five Ravens that Grant created a short while ago, and I am backing based on his brilliant ability to construct a balanced, meaningful and strategic experience with a board/card game.

If you haven't had the pleasure of owning a game designed by Grant, I would highly suggest you get in on this.


Thank you for saying that matthew! The response to Five Ravens was really quiet, which has had me nervous. It's one of the designs of which I'm most proud. Thank you for taking the time to say that here.


I REALLY enjoyed playing Five Ravens.
5 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
offdutyninja wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
mattyd777 wrote:
I have a game called Five Ravens that Grant created a short while ago, and I am backing based on his brilliant ability to construct a balanced, meaningful and strategic experience with a board/card game.

If you haven't had the pleasure of owning a game designed by Grant, I would highly suggest you get in on this.


Thank you for saying that matthew! The response to Five Ravens was really quiet, which has had me nervous. It's one of the designs of which I'm most proud. Thank you for taking the time to say that here.


I REALLY enjoyed playing Five Ravens.


Really love 5 Ravens... some lucky publisher should totally make a new version!
7 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Burke (The Chubby Meeple)
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:
I have a game called Five Ravens that Grant created a short while ago, and I am backing based on his brilliant ability to construct a balanced, meaningful and strategic experience with a board/card game.

If you haven't had the pleasure of owning a game designed by Grant, I would highly suggest you get in on this.


Five Ravens is SSOOO GOOD!

And Imperius is an incredibly solid (and highly replayable) design. I've played so many games of it, and have never felt like any two games were alike. There is so much replay value in what seems like a small set of cards. The ability Grant has to pack so much game and depth of strategy into a small package is impressive.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, how do do I get Five Ravens now?
In Europe.
3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcymaru wrote:
Ok, how do do I get Five Ravens now?
In Europe.


Unfortunately you can’t. It is out of print. I may have some good news, but right now folks are just being cruel discussing a thing you can’t buy.
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.