Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Pigeon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve been plying HoN on steam with a friend for a while now and I’m enjoying it a lot. I would like to buy a boardgame version to play with my girlfriend, but WW2 is not going to interest her.

However, she is into horror and monsters so I think Shadows over Normandie would appeal to her. But there is also Black Reach that is soon to be released. My girlfriend did enjoy battlelore when we tried, so it’s a somewhat similar setting.

Which one should I get? My first choice would be SoN. But there isn’t much activity on that game’s forum and it seems that it is not popular. Why? What is wrong with SoN?

Also, I tried to find the rules (in French) for SoN but can’t find it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart De Vuyst
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your girlfriend is into horror and monsters, Shadows over Normandie is your best choice, because I'll guess that game will see most play. SoN is based on the Cthulhu Mythos by HP Lovecraft so you'll see a lot of weird things and horrendous monsters. Devil Pig sees Shadows over Normandie more as an adventure game too. devil

Heroes of Black Reach sits in Games Workshop's Warhammer 40K universe, so that's basically a science fiction war setting.

I don't know why this game seems less popular but you'll have great fun if you like a Hollywood WW2 setting combined with pulp horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Pinguet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are really the same rules as HoN.

They had a terror subsystem where Supressed Units that have LoS on a monster can get mad (and commit suicide, or do a berserk charge, or panic, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.