5 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lore elite crew card in solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vip Patel
msg tools
Hi Everyone,

Just received the game, I'm planning on having a few solo games first. Reading through the cards I'm not sure what to do during solo play when playing cards that use/target another players cards/ready crew member(I only saw the Lore Elite Crew card and the four discovered cards that you have to remove for solo play that do this and I'm not sure if there are other cards/skills that are similar)?

Lore's black data ability, "Spend 1 ready crew member on another ship, and then use on that Crew Member's abilities for free, without paying any additional Data costs."

Would you just target/use a crew member in the offer or would you draw one regular and elite(if core tiles have been revealed) card and choose one of them or remove the Lore Elite crew card from the game as you do for the 4 discovered cards or something else?

Thanks.

EDIT: Edited title to not include discovered cards you remove for solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case, you would use one of Lore's two other abilities. You could also choose to leave Lore out during set up if you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you can't use that ability when playing solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vip Patel
msg tools
Thanks for the responses.

Crikey! A response from the game designer! Awesome, thanks for clarifying. Just finished the 1st scenario, totally loving this game.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vips wrote:
Thanks for the responses.

Crikey! A response from the game designer! Awesome, thanks for clarifying. Just finished the 1st scenario, totally loving this game.

Cheers.

Yes, Andrew's very involved in his games. It's quite great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.