Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Our latest addition, from a non-french member!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The knife is stunning. Looks just like an official card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Courtesy of our beloved Brutal Benji, who - indeed - got quite the catch!

You're not the only one who's found of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This item is used from the backpack? Is it a melee or ranged weapon? Which skills does it benefit from [Melee] or [Ranged]? It almost seems like it should have two rows to clarify (similar to Orcish Crossbow).

"+1 Free Ranged Action with this weapon" - Does this mean that it is free to throw? If I use this item at range 0, it costs one action and I get to keep it? It's like having a short sword in my backpack that I can use.

The card is pretty, but I'm confused by it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Uhlir
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mb
waxbottle wrote:
This item is used from the backpack? Is it a melee or ranged weapon? Which skills does it benefit from [Melee] or [Ranged]? It almost seems like it should have two rows to clarify (similar to Orcish Crossbow).

"+1 Free Ranged Action with this weapon" - Does this mean that it is free to throw? If I use this item at range 0, it costs one action and I get to keep it? It's like having a short sword in my backpack that I can use.

Every weapon with a range beyond 0 is considered a Ranged weapon.

This comes from the rules:

Quote:
Ranged weapons have a maximum Range value of “1” (or more). They are used with Ranged Actions (P. 33). Attacking at Range 0 with a Ranged weapon is still a Ranged Action.

The idea behind the card is to have a weapon which you can use from the backpack. The throwing knife (hiden in yous sleave) quite fits. It should have mostly shorter range compared to other ranged weapons, it should be less accurate but more swift and always ready for use.

Most of the time you will use only the free Ranged Action at Range 0 (which comes with the drawbacks of priority targeting and Friendly Fire). On the other hand, you will use it almost every turn, which means 50% chance on killing a Walker every turn. On top of that, when the situation gets desparate, you can throw it once at range 1.

Thematically I imagine a Survivor rushing into a fight, first releasing his throwing knife and than engaging with his melee weapons. When the fight is over he picks up his knife and makes himself ready for the next enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
- This item is used from the backpack?
- Is it a melee or ranged weapon?
- Which skills does it benefit from [Melee] or [Ranged]?
- It almost seems like it should have two rows to clarify (similar to Orcish Crossbow).
- "+1 Free Ranged Action with this weapon" - Does this mean that it is free to throw?
- If I use this item at range 0, it costs one action and I get to keep it?
- It's like having a short sword in my backpack that I can use.

You are confused because your are not reading it properly, you are implying, or trying to imply things, instead of sticking to rules:
- Yes, as shown by the logo in the upper right (which is the real novelty of this item)
- The stats is cristal clear: range 0-1 makes it a ranged weapon.
- All skills about ranged actions
- With these enlightments, I think not (any more)
- No, it does not mean it is free to throw/use. It means you get ONE FREE (and only one) (Ranged) Action with this item. Around that, you can spend one/several of the other Hero's Action(s) to use it.
- Yes, like a bow or a crossbow or a sword or a fireball
- No, it is not, because the main difference is that you HAVE TO apply the priority list (unless some skills). It is really meant to be a spare Wheel. In case of emergency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for clearing it up. Makes sense now. I was a bit confused because it is a knife and my brain was telling me that it should be used as a melee weapon at range zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Is it just me, or is the image link missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtpoke wrote:
Is it just me, or is the image link missing?

"postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry"
Looks like they got locked out of their domain. Their new one is postimg.cc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for fixing the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.