BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: Looking to sell many games in the DFW area. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Acosta
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I am new to the BGG forums and was trying to find anyone who is looking to buy some games off me in the Dallas area. I have too many games for my small apartment and need to make room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Horst
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might help if you listed what you're trying to sell.

I'd recommend adding your collection to your account and then marking things that you'd like to get rid of as "For Trade" or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG. Here are the ways you can sell games through BGG:

Guide to Selling Games on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Dallas Board Game Traders group on Facebook. If it's anything like the one we have in Austin, there is a lot of activity and sales can be made quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Henderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hunt Craigslist for DFW and Austin for board games. You can have a pick up only auction on BGG if the shipping is stressful. Just thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
There is a Dallas Board Game Traders group on Facebook. If it's anything like the one we have in Austin, there is a lot of activity and sales can be made quickly.

Hunh, never knew that existed, just joined it and it looks pretty dead. Most DFW people are on the DFW Nerd Nighters group though, and lots of sales and trades happen there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Creating an auction through BGG with local pickup only would possibly be your best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dallas Games Marathon that happens monthly allows selling. http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/flea-market-rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fortyfive wrote:
The Dallas Games Marathon that happens monthly allows selling. http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/flea-market-rules

I think the market rules have changed pretty substantially since this was published. You have to be a yearly member now to put games up for sale and there's a small bit of paperwork to fill out.

I could certainly be wrong about that. If so I hope someone can clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lothartvni wrote:
fortyfive wrote:

I think the market rules have changed pretty substantially since this was published. You have to be a yearly member now to put games up for sale and there's a small bit of paperwork to fill out.

Bummer. I didn’t realize that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lothartvni wrote:
fortyfive wrote:

Kevin Ames may be along to clarify, but this sounds right. There were issues a few years ago with some games walking away. Someone even showed up one day to put a first edition Space Hulk (I think) up for sale, worth like $400, then left and didn't come back for over a year. When they did come back to see if it sold, it had walked away. Why anyone would do that I cannot fathom. There was also an issue with a staff member skimming the till of flea market sales which led to a crackdown in how money was handled (for the better). I don't doubt Kevin overhauled the system to reduce DGM's liability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are going to BGG.con Spring or you know someone who is going and is willing to help check out the Flea Market.

Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con Spring 2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ames
United States
New Glarus
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lothartvni wrote:
fortyfive wrote:

Ask and you shall receive.

It has changed a little. If you are there for the weekend you are welcome to bring games and sell them and then take the ones that don't sell home with you after Sunday. (This is how the original marketplace worked 10 years ago before we had our own space) If you are a member you can leave games up until sold, although we ask that you consider removing them or dropping the price if they haven't sold in a reasonable amount of time since we don't have unlimited shelf space. Membership options have increased significantly this year, we have a monthly option via Patreon, 3, 6, and 12 month options via the website or at the door.

We do have a form for you to fill out, but it's pretty minimal.

We also have an affiliated marketplace on Facebook that is open to all: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DGMMarketplace/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
I had several games that either walked away or had parts taken directly out of the box, causing people to not buy the games and leave a note that parts were missing. So I gave up on putting games in the DGM marketplace when I was still a member there, too many sticky fingers for my liking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want an easy way to offload games, Generation X in Euless will sell games for you for store credit.

You just go in with the game, fill out your information, describe the games condition/materials, and what you think is a fair price. They take a portion (I don't remember how much) and then text you when a game sells.

Simple, and you get to have your game on a shelf in a boardgame store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Henderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:
If you want an easy way to offload games, Generation X in Euless will sell games for you for store credit.

So simple! Not only does Gen X get to take some of the money from your game plus Gen X gives you no money (Store Credit) in return for MSRP games that have been on my shelf for over 5 years or more.

I would avoid this method if I were you. Keep all the value of your games and do not leave them at that store cause they walk off just like they do at DGM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djinnfoo wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:

So simple! Not only does Gen X get to take some of the money from your game plus Gen X gives you no money (Store Credit) in return for MSRP games that have been on my shelf for over 5 years or more.

I would avoid this method if I were you. Keep all the value of your games and do not leave them at that store cause they walk off just like they do at DGM.

I have had no problems with them so far, and I am perfectly fine with spending the money I get on new items from them. To each their own, just mentioning it as an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.