Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Visit from the Rhine Valley

We have a new Viticulture expansion! Inspired by our primary German publishing partner, Feuerland, designer Tido Lorenz created and compiled a set of 80 visitor cards focused more on the wine business than on victory points. I also spent time with every card to ensure balance, appeal, and consistency."

More info here: https://stonemaiergames.com/games/viticulture/visit-from-the...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, the proof will be in the pudding (and Stonemaier has a history of delicious pudding), but it sounds like this is a solid addition to Viticulture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristy Moruso
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Them cards will screw you...
badge
Lil anteater nose!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they're easier to shuffle than the base game...though I do like the idea of less focus on VPs it'll be a big shift. I'll have to look into this more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your capslock button is stuck there, Wade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this compatible with Viticulture and Tuscany Essential Editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Madsen
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
neuroblaster500 wrote:
OH MY GOD STONEMAIER WHY WOULD YOU HAVE KEPT THE STUPID, UGLY, BIZZARE KICKSTARTER BACKER ART?! THERE IS NO GOOD REASON! IT RUINS THE FEEL OF THE GAME!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First of all, if the art were changed now, it would clash with our current, beautiful Viticulture sets and interfere with the immersion due to drastic changes in the aesthetics. Second, but just as important, I happen to like the "kickstarter" art. The visitors look like common people from everyday life that would actually visit a real vineyard, not cartoons or idealized archetypes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reusing images obviously saves on production costs. I like the original art, too, for the above reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The set of cards would be used instead of the cards from the base game or Tuscany expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck yeah! I just placed my order. Viticulture is one of my wife's favorite games to play, and she grumbles when I sneak in too many victory points from visitor cards, so I imagine she'll really like this set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spriggyman wrote:
Is this compatible with Viticulture and Tuscany Essential Editions?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Dean
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I personally like the art and think it adds to the charm of the game. If it upsets you that much don't get the expansion... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
badge
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic but I just realized one of my BGG pictures is featured for the glass beads order.

Should I be proud?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
neuroblaster500 wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:
Reusing images obviously saves on production costs. I like the original art, too, for the above reason.

Saves on production costs? SAVES ON PRODUCTION COSTS?! They're charging $20 for a new set of CARDS. You're telling me they couldn't have paid at least a part of that to an artist? Also, if you claim to like the kickstarter "art," you simply have no taste, I don't know what else to tell you. Almost everyone I've played with thinks they're ugly, and completely detract from the beauty and aesthetic of the rest of the game with their poorly cropped, unprepossessing faces.

It’s one thing to offer a kind, gracious disagreement. It’s another to make assumptions about production costs, the cost to produce new artwork, and tell others they have no taste.

If you want to disagree with others, that’s fine. But at least show a little bit of respect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered! Thanks Jamie!

Do we have an estimate for release date yet? June 1st- I should pay better attention

(I, also, like the art... and I have tons of taste- all of it good)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot the reason why I can't order from Stonemaier anymore for new games like this. I think they stopped starting from the Moor expansion.

I'm in Japan. I used to be able to order off of their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
neuroblaster500 wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:

Saves on production costs? SAVES ON PRODUCTION COSTS?! They're charging $20 for a new set of CARDS. You're telling me they couldn't have paid at least a part of that to an artist? Also, if you claim to like the kickstarter "art," you simply have no taste, I don't know what else to tell you. Almost everyone I've played with thinks they're ugly, and completely detract from the beauty and aesthetic of the rest of the game with their poorly cropped, unprepossessing faces.

It’s one thing to offer a kind, gracious disagreement. It’s another to make assumptions about production costs, the cost to produce new artwork, and tell others they have no taste.

If you want to disagree with others, that’s fine. But at least show a little bit of respect.

Yeah, he's pretty rude. He's also angry about Asians being in Italy (comment on Viticulture Essential), even though clearly they are called "Visitors." Oh, well, at least we agree it's a great game! I'm very much looking forward to this expansion.

Btw, Moor Visitors is around $11 retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NocturnalAllen wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:
neuroblaster500 wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:

Yeah, he's pretty rude. He's also angry about Asians being in Italy (comment on Viticulture Essential), even though clearly they are called "Visitors." Oh, well, at least we agree it's a great game! I'm very much looking forward to this expansion.

Retail in NL will probably be at least €20. Not cheap, for 80 cards. But I’m a big fan of the game and the concept of two entirely new decks of visitors is exciting. Bottom line: I want this expansion and don’t care about the price.

Now, about the art...
Since there are only 6 new visitors, the other visitors have new names but recycled art, I’m also a bit disappointed. I like the quirky faces, it gives the visitors character. All of a sudden 74 visitors have two jobs, and for me that takes away some of the magic from the idyllic world of Viticulture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:
neuroblaster500 wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:

Retail in NL will probably be at least €20. Not cheap, for 80 cards. But I’m a big fan of the game and the concept of two entirely new decks of visitors is exciting. Bottom line: I want this expansion and don’t care about the price.

Now, about the art...
Since there are only 6 new visitors, the other visitors have new names but recycled art, I’m also a bit disappointed. I like the quirky faces, it gives the visitors character. All of a sudden 74 visitors have two jobs, and for me that takes away some of the magic from the idyllic world of Viticulture.

But I think we're supposed to replace the other visitor decks, so you'll only use these ones. So you won't see the same art twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver T
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any plans for a german release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arch City Zach wrote:
Tsaar wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:
neuroblaster500 wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:

Now, about the art...

But I think we're supposed to replace the other visitor decks, so you'll only use these ones. So you won't see the same art twice.

That’s true, so there won’t be any confusion. But it will be odd to see the same faces we’re familiar with, now have new jobs and come from Germany.
I wish we had 80 new and unique visitors, truly expanding the world of Viticulture.

End of rant. I’m looking forward to this expansion anyway, very curious how it will be in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormsoN wrote:
Any plans for a german release?

Definitely. This is technically a Feuerland expansion that we licensed, so you should see it later this year from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neuroblaster500 wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:
neuroblaster500 wrote:
NocturnalAllen wrote:

1. Don’t speak for other people. I’m not angry at all, having made the very accurate point there likely weren’t this many asian people in pre-modern Italy, “visitor” or not. It breaks theme. That is all.
2. Thanks for creeping my profile, please come again, I guess?

I’m definitely not buying this expansion. The recycled art notwithstanding, it’s a cash grab and “fixes” what isn’t broken.

1. Don't be a rude jerk next time. Italy and Asia have been connected since the Silk Road.
2. Bye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver T
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great, thanks for your reply.
I've written Feuerland afterwards and the German version should be available at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Loosemore
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Jamey, any chance it'll be available at UK Games Expo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick: Indeed it will! There's a note about this with a link in our e-newsletter: http://mailchi.mp/stonemaiergames/tyuol1szw3-2986369
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.