Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi,

If I play a Material Asset, I will gain 1 credit, and I can place a 1 credit wooden token in the turn use box of my player mat. Will I keep that credit if, later during my turn, I decide to discard or consume the Material Asset card for some other action?
In games such as Star Realms, you do keep coins or attack values once placed in your pool, even if you trash a card later on. But in Helionox, I am not sure how it works.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new to Helionox as well, but I believe you can't.

Played cards don't go straight to the discard, they live in a Limbo-like status of "played". A "played" card is not in your hand, nor in your discard, so is not available to be discarded or consumed. (And since it is not in the discard, it is not available to be shuffled into a new deck, if you find yourself needing to draw a card and the draw deck is empty)

But I'm sure Taran will provide definitive rules references here in a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Here I am and Mark, you are correct! Once played, a card is "in play" until the end of the turn and there isn't anything else you can do with the card.

Great question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot of deck building games, and this is something I have found that varies between many of them, so I try to figure that out up front. It can result in subtle but important play changes. I also play Star Realms, so I see the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves St-Denis
Switzerland
Basel
BS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the quick replies!

A curiosity: In a 2 players basic game (no expansions), what can be considered "a good score"?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the game. I've won games with 30 Influence or so and some games I've lost with over 50...

Anywhere in the 40's and you'll often be in the running for victory though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.