Subject: This vs HEXplore It rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Nolasco
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EDIT: I will rephrase my question. Is there anything that Runebound 3E does better? Ive asked but the answers seem a little one-sided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Please keep your Kickstarter chatter on its own page. Your existing thread is sufficient: This vs Runebound
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nolasco
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its because I expect some bias on that forum. I wanted to keep the info I am getting balanced by asking here. Oh well...

Edit: I rephrased the post. I am OK getting this whole thread deleted then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
tumorous wrote:
Please keep your Kickstarter chatter on its own page. Your existing thread is sufficient: This vs Runebound

His question and the posting of it here is perfectly reasonable. Of course, I can't see his original post now but it is generally true that posting a question in a certain game's forums (particularly when it's a vs. question) is likely to have slanted answers.

I say ask away OP. Unfortunately, I can't really answer your question since I've only played Runebound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nolasco
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The original question was of a generic and similar nature to the link he had posted. Apparently it was inappropriate but I know well that answers will vary depending on the forum you ask so I decided to ask it here to get a wider response.

I changed it later to be less general and more specific but at this point, its gotten sidetracked like what is now so I'd prefer to have this deleted honestly. I will just stick to the other thread then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Tungsten
msg tools
mbmb
HexPlore It caught my eye a few weeks ago, so I watched some videos and ultimately decided against hopping aboard.

Probably its biggest appeal is the mix & match race/class combos, and I like the idea of H-It's modular map, but it loses a lot for me to realize that those varying terrain types are largely meaningless. In contrast, RB's dice system is really neat, the way you can face some slow going depending on the challenge of the terrain.

H-It's seeming lack of story elements is also a negative for me - granted it doesn't have a multitude of expansions enriching it, though. I can see some folks choosing HexPlore It over RB. . .but not me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nolasco
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
azrael67 wrote:
HexPlore It caught my eye a few weeks ago, so I watched some videos and ultimately decided against hopping aboard.

Probably its biggest appeal is the mix & match race/class combos, and I like the idea of H-It's modular map, but it loses a lot for me to realize that those varying terrain types are largely meaningless. In contrast, RB's dice system is really neat, the way you can face some slow going depending on the challenge of the terrain.

H-It's seeming lack of story elements is also a negative for me - granted it doesn't have a multitude of expansions enriching it, though. I can see some folks choosing HexPlore It over RB. . .but not me.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.