Subject: More Video Reviews and Gameplay PVP plz!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ioan Pan
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Dragori can you plz send some prototypes before the KS end to some Kickstarter boardgame reviewers like Rahdo, Board to Death Reviews
, marcowargamer, Man vs Meeple, AntLab Games etc? plz

Did i mention Rahdo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pan3Gr wrote:
Hello Dragori can you plz send some prototypes before the KS end to some Kickstarter boardgame reviewers like Rahdo, Board to Death Reviews
, marcowargamer, Man vs Meeple, AntLab Games etc? plz

Did i mention Rahdo?

I'd love to get our game reviewed by Rahdo and we did send an e-mail to him, but he passed on getting a prototype of the game based on the fact that you roll a die to strike your target, as he is not a fan of that mechanic.

One thing we regret was taking too long to make multiple copies of prototypes. We currently have many reviewers working on them and more previews shall be available soon, but we only made two very expensive high quality prototypes and they are exchanging hands soon (one is leaving Undead Viking and the other The Dice Tower team). Please subscribe to our game to check updates on previews as soon as they are published.

Regarding gameplay, we plan on doing a LIVE Kickstarter / Facebook PvP broadcast during the campaign, and there's already a Co-op gameplay video with two parts in our campaign page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Pan
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news i love both Undead Viking and Dice Tower.

Oh Rahdo come on!!!
What is wrong with only one d20???

You can use it everywhere in your life.

Should i go for a coffee? (roll a d20)
Will i eat pizza today? (roll a d20)
Should i back Arena: the Contest? (roll a d20)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pan3Gr wrote:
Great news i love both Undead Viking and Dice Tower.

Oh Rahdo come on!!!
What is wrong with only one d20???

You can use it everywhere in your life.

Should i go for a coffee? (roll a d20)
Will i eat pizza today? (roll a d20)
Should i back Arena: the Contest? (roll a d20)

LOL. Should I back Arena: the Contest? (Roll a d20)

Results:

1-5 = Yes.
6-10 = Definitely.
11-15 = Bringing in a friend to get the Full Pledge with me.
16-20 = Yes, the Collector Pledge.

(If you have a BGG account, roll twice and add +8 to the result of your highest roll).

Let's see... 2d20+8 = (10 + 12) + 8 = 30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1267776. dragori_dan
  • 2d20+8 =
  • (10 + 12) + 8 =
  • Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:15 pm
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that's wrong... let's see if I can make this work...

2d20l+8 = (13 + 15) + 8 = 23

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1267777. dragori_dan
  • 2d20l+8 =
  • (13 + 15) + 8 =
  • Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:17 pm
Ioan Pan
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol 2d20 +8 = (18 + 18) + 8 = 44
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1267970. Pan3Gr
  • 2d20 +8 =
  • (18 + 18) + 8 =
  • Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:55 pm
Ernani Junior
msg tools
I really wanted to back this up, but the gameplay i saw in the videos from the KS page looked really shallow and repetitive.

Sad, really sad. Because the minis are looking fine. But walk in and roll d20 all day long didn't appeal at all.

specially wen the dungeon crawl genre is loaded with awesome games.

Nevertheless, the campaign is doing ok, hope they get more SG along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
To me, when watching the videos, I see the d20 as having minimal effect. Most to-hit odds are really high. The player is mostly rolling to see if:

--Residual/minimal damage without skill special effect[aka "miss"] (low chance)
--Regular damage with skill special effect (high chance)
--Normal +5 critical damage with skill special effect (very low chance)

It seems like nearly every attack does damage no matter what. Rather than die rolls, the game seems much more about party composition, positioning, per activation skill choice, and special/scroll (1 use per game items) management. The die is just a slight statistical modifier for severity of a usually garunteed outcome and a slight chance to have skills fail to go off with an attack.

This all makes sense when considering the chess background of one of the designers. In chess, everything hits, always.

I think the d20 is sort of a red herring in videos that can make the game look more D&D than the math and choices really support when getting into the weeds of each activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cyryc wrote:
I really wanted to back this up, but the gameplay i saw in the videos from the KS page looked really shallow and repetitive.

Sad, really sad. Because the minis are looking fine. But walk in and roll d20 all day long didn't appeal at all.

I'm guessing you saw the gameplay video from "The Blue Player solo". He did not play using Passive Powers, which made an enormous difference in the overall decisions (specially regarding positioning), and he played the first mission of the campaign, which is really an introduction to get people acquainted with using the Evil Power cards and Quest Guide introductions.

I will soon shoot a quest video myself. In fact, I will shoot the very same quest, but you will be able to see the difference in thinking pattern when you are give the tactical combat a more in-depth strategical approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Pan
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you make and some pvp videos plz?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernani Junior
msg tools
dragori_dan wrote:
cyryc wrote:

I'm guessing you saw the gameplay video from "The Blue Player solo". He did not play using Passive Powers, which made an enormous difference in the overall decisions (specially regarding positioning), and he played the first mission of the campaign, which is really an introduction to get people acquainted with using the Evil Power cards and Quest Guide introductions.

I will soon shoot a quest video myself. In fact, I will shoot the very same quest, but you will be able to see the difference in thinking pattern when you are give the tactical combat a more in-depth strategical approach.

Looking foward to this "real" gameplay video then.

Sorry, but why didn´t you guys launch the Kickstarter with a "real" gameplay video?

Other thing im worried is the shortage of foes in the "core" box. Could you use other foes than the basic ones in the video?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cyryc wrote:
dragori_dan wrote:
cyryc wrote:

Looking foward to this "real" gameplay video then.

Sorry, but why didn´t you guys launch the Kickstarter with a "real" gameplay video?

Other thing im worried is the shortage of foes in the "core" box. Could you use other foes than the basic ones in the video?

Thanks in advance.

The problem of shooting a gameplay video ourselves is that we have absolutely no technical knowledge, lights, camera, and such, I admit it. And we don't want to have a poorly-shot amateurish video, so it is probably going to take a while.

The shortage of villains is being addressed through our Stretch Goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really appreciate more gameplay videos of the different game modes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
As I mainly back for the PvP element - yes I would particularly appreciate a PvP gameplay vid as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.