United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently noticed a post that was in the BGG Related section (listed as BGG Help and How-To - Consistently getting quickly slaughtered in LOTR LCG base game) that should have been under the game's forum.

I clicked on the link and marked it as in the wrong forum only to notice that the page I was on ... was actually in the right forum. When I went back to the homepage though, it was still listed under 'BGG Related' at the location mentioned above even though it has already been moved.

Is there some sort of delay to these? Refreshing the page did not fix the list displayed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya - Sotho Blue
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are definitely caching delays. If everything on the front page were updated in real time, the amount of traffic would be unsustainable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It appears to be a day later now though, and it still hasn't updated on the BGG Homepage. I just had the same experience as the OP a few minutes ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamiea wrote:
It appears to be a day later now though, and it still hasn't updated on the BGG Homepage. I just had the same experience as the OP a few minutes ago.

And it is still there this morning too. That seems to me like an overly long time to rely on cached data for a heavily used forum. Especially given how many new users we get that post things in the wrong places. Then again, I don't really know how often BGG refreshes these caches (for all I know it could be later today).

How often is the homepage cache supposed to update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I wonder if it could be somehow related to the Stats page not updating issue...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ryalyn wrote:
I recently noticed a post that was in the BGG Related section (listed as BGG Help and How-To - Consistently getting quickly slaughtered in LOTR LCG base game) that should have been under the game's forum.

Almost two weeks and it's still wrong on the BGG Homepage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.