Hide
10 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » General

Subject: Characters interchangeable with the senarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Doherty
msg tools
Are the senarios specific to certain heroes and villians or are you able to switch them out and plug in others?
Otherwise there are going to be alot of nice pieces of plastic that are rarely used??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith have released details of four scenarios so far on the KS campaign.

These have fixed villains and goons, however the heroes are presented with options for the ones you can choose to play, so there is variation for the Heroes.

If Batman is anything like Conan, there will be community created scenarios for the game as well. There are many scenarios within the Conan community that have been created, some great, some good, some... well, they are made by fans, not game developers. I suspect this will be even more popular for Batman, and I hope the tools that are out there for Conan will be in place for Batman as well.

If you want to use particular heroes or villains, then put together a scenario. Test it, share it, get feedback; and maybe it will even be published like some of the fan stuff for Conan has been.

I wouldn't worry about the ability to get value from this game. I suspect my worry is going to be finding time to play it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lyons wrote:
Are the senarios specific to certain heroes and villians or are you able to switch them out and plug in others?
Otherwise there are going to be alot of nice pieces of plastic that are rarely used??

1) More or less: no.
2) More or less: yes.

If you consider custom scenarios made by fans as part of the game (I don't), then you are fine.

If you only consider the official scenarios as being part of the game, then you should have faith in future scenarios development by the official team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to Fan made scenarios fans will also share ideas which villains can be exchanged with whom for the existing scenarios- much easier to do than develop and test a whole new scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Doherty
msg tools
baylock wrote:
Lyons wrote:

If you consider custom scenarios made by fans as part of the game (I don't), then you are fine.

If you only consider the official scenarios as being part of the game, then you should have faith in future scenarios development by the official team.

well if they are including all these extra characters as stretch goals I would expect them to be used in the current not future senarios otherwise they are ... well a waste really

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every character included as SG will be used in at least one scenario within the base box. This has been guaranteed by Monolith as all SG's apart from Green Arrow and Batcow were pre-planned before campaign start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyons wrote:
baylock wrote:
Lyons wrote:

well if they are including all these extra characters as stretch goals I would expect them to be used in the current not future senarios otherwise they are ... well a waste really

All characters will be usable in scenarios. This has been promised many times, since they don't want to repeat the mistakes of Conan. Each scenario that we have seen so far has about 7 recommended heroes to choose from. The ease/difficulty of swapping in other heroes is unknown at this time. Villains are very specific, but they also will all be used in at least one scenario. The ease/difficulty of swapping in other villains is also unknown at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lyons wrote:
baylock wrote:
Lyons wrote:

They will be used. Just not anywhere any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dakka Dakaa
msg tools
Just like Conan, each scenario has a defined set of heroes and enemies. However, there is nothing that says you can’t change things around. I’ve used different bbegs for the Conan games or given them different spells and had a blast. Just know, they the balance will be off so as the overlord you may need to fudge some things or make bad decisions so your player are still enjoying themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind that Monolith continue to support Conan with additional scenarios. There's no reason to expect that they won't do the same with Batman. And combine that with scenarios made by the fan community and I don't think we should be worried about not being able to use the figures enough.

Personally, I'd rather have a glut of units upfront to be a toybox for developers to play with, even if it means they won't all be used a ton out of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.