Brides & Bribes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Borough Resolution doubts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Duarte Silva
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi!

I played two matches of Brides and Bribes this past week and it was great fun. Love the mechanics and the stories it creates. I played a two player game and a three player game.
I do have some doubts about the card playing part of the borough resolution. Both times we played it ended up being slightly confusing and a bit clunky, although maybe that was our fault. I'm sorry if this is clear in the rules and I didn't notice it.
For example:
Can I use Sicario as a guide, request some workers from the Lord, with
which no one interferes, and THEN use his ability to murder the bride?
Can I murder the other player's guide before he has a chance to declare an action? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Joao,
Happy to hear that you enjoy our game!

Here the answers to your questions:

1) Can I use Sicario as a guide, request some workers from the Lord, with
which no one interferes,
= Yes, you can. As a guide you can use any character (common or loyal). But, only the loyal character can marry.

2) and THEN use his ability to murder the bride? = Yes, you can! You can use the ability of your character:
a) for achieving the declared action;
b) for achieving additional results (this is your case that you can use the ability of the Sicarius in order to assassinate a bride)
c) to interact with the active player that declare an action.

3) Can I murder the other player's guide before he has a chance to declare an action? = Yes you can. After you complete the action you can play as many abilities as you want. Anyway, in this case it's better to wait what the other player want to do and how the other players intefere. I mean, maybe you will not play the ability of the Sicarius because another player murder the other player's guide and so you can use it against another player!

Please let me know if it is clear or not. This is the "core" of the game. If you use in the proper way the ability then you can creat a great interaction and funny situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Duarte Silva
Spain
flag msg tools
Thank you for the reply! That's great, so we played correctly and my victory was clean and legit. The game is great fun! We were laughing with all the treachery and suspicion and the evil ways of our bourgeois families. I love it when the gameplay writes a story. It's also just the right duration! The art is also damn lovely. I look forward to play it again. Good job! Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.