Magnus Kivipõld
Estonia
flag msg tools
Hey, se lets begin...

Compendium: Anyone who owns Mythic Battles: Pantheon compendium, how good was the painting guide? I'm basically a beginner painter as in I have almost no experience with painting miniatures. In this regard is this add-on a must buy?

Ars Nova: Any news for a gameplay demo for this? If one is not that interested in battle mode, is this still worth getting?

Banners: On the dash boards there's 3 circles which I imagine the banners will go, but can you only place three at a time there, or am I missing something... Hopefully I've made this clear what I'm asking.

Dragon Scenario: The two scenarios that come with the Legendary Dragon Add-on. How does that Michael vs Dragon scenario differ from the Apocalypse campaign one? Can one play the campaign without the dragon?

Note: Why I'm asking all this is I'm on the fency in what to get. I have a budget of around 200$.

Add-ons I'm interested in: Apocalypse, Siege, Ars Nova, Unleash Hell, Compendium, Dice and Banners.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dizn wrote:

Compendium: Anyone who owns Mythic Battles: Pantheon compendium, how good was the painting guide? I'm basically a beginner painter as in I have almost no experience with painting miniatures. In this regard is this add-on a must buy?


I like written reviews and hate video reviews, so when I say you might get more out of watching video painting tutorials than reading a book you'll know where I'm coming from.

That said... I think there's some scenarios in the compendium for JoA, and it can be nice to have written tutorials to refer to. Especially considering that the tutorials are specific to these 15mm scale minis you just got. So yeah, get it if you can.

Dizn wrote:
Ars Nova: Any news for a gameplay demo for this? If one is not that interested in battle mode, is this still worth getting?


Honestly, when Ars Nova was described, this was the expansion that made me realize JoA is meant as a game -system- and the developers were really trying to push what a scenario could be. You ought to go re-read the update that describes it (I think the main KS page links straight to it under the AN description).

Dizn wrote:
Banners: On the dash boards there's 3 circles which I imagine the banners will go, but can you only place three at a time there, or am I missing something... Hopefully I've made this clear what I'm asking.


I'd skip banners personally. Not that they're bad, but there's better add ons to consider.

Dizn wrote:
Dragon Scenario: The two scenarios that come with the Legendary Dragon Add-on. How does that Michael vs Dragon scenario differ from the Apocalypse campaign one? Can one play the campaign without the dragon?


Beats me.

Dizn wrote:
Note: Why I'm asking all this is I'm on the fency in what to get. I have a budget of around 200$.

Add-ons I'm interested in: Apocalypse, Siege, Ars Nova, Unleash Hell, Compendium, Dice and Banners.


Honestly, if you're asking about Dragon and Ars Nova, I'd drop Siege and Dice and Banners, and instead get the rest. You'll go over a bit on your budget, but I think you'll have the most variety of game play between historical and fantastical. Just eat ramen for a month.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.