Popular Tags: [View All]
W M
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello:

If anyone is looking to pimp their game by painting their planes, then it is likely they will want better decals than what comes with the game. The decals that came with the game are shoddy to say the least. They are thick and stick out. The German crosses are WW I crosses not WW II Balkan crosses.

If you are looking for decals for the Battle of Britain game, I am submitting this post to recommend that you go to https://shop.miscmini.com/contact.

The reason why I am making this recommendation is because I worked with the owner of miscmini, Kevin Hammond, to create a sheet of stickers for the different planes in the game.

The stickers are excellent. They are the perfect size and slide off perfectly. Moreover, Kevin, the owner, is really responsive and helpful.

His stickers are 1,000 times better than the stickers that come with the game. I am surprised the people at the PSC did not consider the quality of their stickers when they ran their kickstarter campaign. They should have looked for better decals than those which do come with the game.

E-mail Kevin to inquire about stickers for the Battle of Britain and he will show you the template we made.

I will post some pictures when I finish stickering and get the game to the table with my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great stuff!

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark feldman
United States
post falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Well, the boss isn't always right. But, he's always the boss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin is a wonderful painter also .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, are these just a 1 for 1 replacement for the KS stickers, or do they include any additional markings (alphabetic unit codes, swastikas, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stickers include additional markings: alphabetic unit codes, swastikas, etc.

They are very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hmmm... I wonder if there's a better way than him receiving 30 separate emails asking the same thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose he could put a picture of the stickers on his online webpage, or send you a copy of the PDF format.

This is a business decision. I suspect if he has 30 customer inquiries he will think of a solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice to know. Has anyone heard anything yet about the replacement "hard plastic" planes? Last fall PSC was talking "March" and it's now April, with no word yet that I know of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah; still waiting for my painted Dowding edition ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WLMIV wrote:

If you are looking for decals for the Battle of Britain game, I am submitting this post to recommend that you go to https://shop.miscmini.com/contact.

I received a note from Kevin Hammond the owner of Miscmini. I guess there have been several inquiries since I made this posting. Kevin provided me with a new URL for the stickers. Therefore you can go to this URL to see the stickers.

The entry is here: https://shop.miscmini.com/products/custom-decals-for-battle-...

Kevin also stated that he was "looking at adding some decals for Gladiators and may end up having two sheets for models included in the game and a third sheet for the models that only kickstarter supporters receive."

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hammond
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Quick update, I've revised the set and it can be found here:
https://shop.miscmini.com/products/custom-decals-for-battle-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of pictures I took recently. The lighting was not so great. Click on the photo and then the original photo to see the stickers close up.

You can see the stickers pretty well though...even a blurry swastika (not the fault of the sticker but the problem of the photographer).

I will try for more photos and possibly an after action report when I get it to the table again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sten Stenson Sten
Sweden
flag msg tools
He has decals for aircraft in Blood Red Skies too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.