Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart» Forums » Rules

Subject: More than 6+ player variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Noble
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Do you think this can play with a 6 player variant? I have a larger group and we would all like to play at the same time.

Any ideas on how to do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the powers are anything like Monopoly Gamer, you will have to make house rules. In Monopoly Gamer certain characters became dominating if you had more than four players - Donkey Kong for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Noble
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yeah that is one thing I foresaw too.

I was thinking of limiting the number of times a skill could be used in game. But that might take away some of the fun for some people in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just max the skill out at effecting 3 other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Roche
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems the 2 big problems with this for more than 4 players are:

(1) Not enough coins--fixable by buying Super Mario Coins from your local Party City (or even generic "pirate" gold coins) to use as "10" coins

(2) Not enough "Boss" cards--THAT has to depend on your own creativity to make new Bosses...OR wait until someone here does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no boss cards in this one. They have races. I don't think those will matter with higher numbers of players. You buy into the race and get a reward based on your roll. Player count won't change these and they are a timer of sorts to end the game. Adding more would make the game longer.

Honestly, the best idea I've seen in this thread is to simply max out special abilities at effecting 3 players max. That balanced them and keeps things fair without having to change anything major in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carrier
msg tools
Eyeing this game... the new characters just released... has this been tested? Sad that it does not naturally support more than 4 players... 6 would have been the sweet spot I'd say...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Noble
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I just got all the new karts in the mail. I will be testing it on the 1st.

I'll let everyone know what we did (rule-wise) and how it all went with 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.