Subject: Spread mechanics and suggested errata? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Gill
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
IMHO the spread mechanics are great except for the last clause, "Spread additional targets never get cover."

This has spawned a cheese tactic where the gentleman target something weak to bullet bend around corners or through windows to get around cover rules.

II'm actually ok with bullet-bending arc-nodeing mechanics but the "doesn't get cover" clause I think hurts the game in that it takes away legitimate strategy where cover is not a positioning tactic anymore. It seems super cheesy that the basic strategy in my meta now is to shoot 'through' an agent, and hit a minion behind him and then spread back to the agent ignoring cover.

I think if the clause were eliminated it would add lots of positioning tactics back into the game as well as open up some fun specialty rules like "Blast Damage" which would allow the spread targets to not receive cover, (Possibly an Irene Adler behemoth specialty)

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thimblesage wrote:
IMHO the spread mechanics are great except for the last clause, "Spread additional targets never get cover."

I think if the clause were eliminated it would add lots of positioning tactics back into the game as well as open up some fun specialty rules like "Blast Damage" which would allow the spread targets to not receive cover, (Possibly an Irene Adler behemoth specialty)

What do you think?

I actually don't have a problem with that part of the Spread rules. (I don't really understand why it's there, but I don't have a problem with it. Cover or lack of it hasn't been a huge deal in our games.)

That said, I like the idea of a separate "blast" category of damage for certain dramatically explosive weapons. But I'm sure some players would find that just extra complexity without enough benefit to the game to warrant it; it's all a matter of taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mark
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
No problem here. The "cheese" works for the nemesis too. I see it as the bullet richocetting around the corner. Gun kata fluff stuff.

Why fix it if it ain't broke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.