Jordan Peters
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello! My name is Jordan, and I'm part of a group at CU Boulder working to create accessible solutions for blind and low vision players to be able to play a wider range of board games, with a lower cost and higher quality than what is currently available.

We've created a survey to collect information about what blind and low vision gamers' experience is and what kinds of solutions they would actually want. If you are not blind or low vision, but know gamers who are (or even people who wish they could play games, but have not been able to), please pass this on to them as well!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdH8CKd5Jpm-utl6gkP...

Thank you!
Jordan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting!! And cool of you to do. Anything to add more gamers to the hobby.

Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ward
msg tools
mb
It says I have to be part of the organization to look at the document.

What kind of accessible solutions do you use for gaming? My day job is creating/modifying resources for people with high complexity needs (not just visual) and making games and activities is always important because of the educational benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Peters
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cortez527 wrote:
It says I have to be part of the organization to look at the document.

Ah bother, thank you for bringing that to my attention. The school has to turn on weird settings by default to protect itself, and I always miss something somewhere. It should be open to everyone now.

Neither my partner for this project or I use or require any accessible solutions to play games, which is a major part of the reason that we're trying to collect information. I'll definitely share a few resources and post an update with what we come up with later on though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.