Feudum» Forums » Rules

Subject: Guild Status and Influence Markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Hypothetically, Player A has 2 Status and Player B has 1 Status in a Guild. Player A, however, has run out of Influence Markers. The rules say that Player A cannot perform the Push Action and is obligated to place an Influence Marker in the Guild to denote her status as soon as one becomes available.

But what happens in the meantime? Is Player B the Guild Master? And can Player B perform the Push Action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corsaire
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think of it in sequences rather than a snapshot, it is much simpler.

Player B has a pawn for Guild 1 without any influence on the board aligned to that guild and is the Guildmaster. Player A migrates a pawn for that guild and has a location that matches, but has no influence tokens. Player B stays the guildmaster until A gets another influence token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Corsaire wrote:

Player B has a pawn for Guild 1 without any influence on the board aligned to that guild and is the Guildmaster. Player A migrates a pawn for that guild and has a location that matches, but has no influence tokens. Player B stays the guildmaster until A gets another influence token.

This is the way I was imagining it:

Player A places a pawn and has 1 Status in a Guild with no other members. But he has no influence markers.

Then Player B places a pawn and now also has 1 Status in that Guild. He does have an influence marker.

So my question really is, does the lack of an influence marker prevent A from becoming a member of a guild when he otherwise would be? And, in the above example, would B become the guildmaster because A couldn't "lock in membership" without having an available marker?

Finally, when A does get an influence marker, I presume he is now relegated to being the journeyman. What throws me is the sentence in the rule book that says you should place your influence marker as soon as one becomes available.

Since you obviously shouldn't have to track membership without markers, then I would assume in this example that B would be guildmaster and A would be journeyman. But if A got an influence marker before B was able to place his pawn, then A would immediately place the marker and claim guildmaster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hanger
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
schnel wrote:
Corsaire wrote:

This is the way I was imagining it:

Player A places a pawn and has 1 Status in a Guild with no other members. But he has no influence markers.

Then Player B places a pawn and now also has 1 Status in that Guild. He does have an influence marker.

So my question really is, does the lack of an influence marker prevent A from becoming a member of a guild when he otherwise would be? And, in the above example, would B become the guildmaster because A couldn't "lock in membership" without having an available marker?

Finally, when A does get an influence marker, I presume he is now relegated to being the journeyman. What throws me is the sentence in the rule book that says you should place your influence marker as soon as one becomes available.

Since you obviously shouldn't have to track membership without markers, then I would assume in this example that B would be guildmaster and A would be journeyman. But if A got an influence marker before B was able to place his pawn, then A would immediately place the marker and claim guildmaster.

I believe everything you written is correct here. A would not get status without a marker to stake claim. B would be the guildmaster if they can place their marker first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corsaire
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as you've listed it. There are a number of game events that require checking guild status. I would consider "going from zero to more than zero influence markers" as just another event that requires checking guild status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
schnel wrote:

I'm speculating here but it could be their intent was to say that the opportunity to claim guild status isn't something you lose if you don't do it immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.