Hide
13 Posts

Arena: The Contest» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: quick question about pledges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Pearson
msg tools
I am really interested in backing this game. Just a quick question though please if I may.

If I pledge one of the lower rewards such as the $1 reward would I be able to upgrade it to one of the higher tier rewards after the Kickstarter campaign has ended and when the pledge manager opens up after it has ended?

I know many Kickstarter campaigns do allow this but I am aware there are the occasional ones where it cannot be done so I just wanted to ask if that is possible for this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ifurita12 wrote:
I am really interested in backing this game. Just a quick question though please if I may.

If I pledge one of the lower rewards such as the $1 reward would I be able to upgrade it to one of the higher tier rewards after the Kickstarter campaign has ended and when the pledge manager opens up after it has ended?

I know many Kickstarter campaigns do allow this but I am aware there are the occasional ones where it cannot be done so I just wanted to ask if that is possible for this campaign.

Thank you for your interest! We will make this a possibility in our Campaign; however, when the Kickstarter ends, you would no longer be making a pledge, but a pre-order. We are considering Kickstarter a "30-day Early Bird", meaning prices will rise at the pledge manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Kowalski
msg tools
Is there a possibility to Select two rewards? I would like to get the 1$ pledge and a core box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Freddy
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kai, there is no need to pledge an additional $1. All the digital rewards from the $1 pledge are already included in the core box pledge. So a core box pledge would be enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Landi86 wrote:
Is there a possibility to Select two rewards? I would like to get the 1$ pledge and a core box

The Core Box Pledge already includes everything in the Digital Awesomeness; it's in the pledge's list of rewards. No need to Pledge another $1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Kowalski
msg tools
Thank you for the quick answer. But how does it work in general?
Lets say i want to pick a jarun. Just add 7$ and select later? Or where/when do i select additional rewards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Landi86 wrote:
Thank you for the quick answer. But how does it work in general?
Lets say i want to pick a jarun. Just add 7$ and select later? Or where/when do i select additional rewards?

You will be able to specify your exact rewards (and even get more) on the Pledge Manager, which will start after the Kickstarter campaign ends.

To know how to manage your pledge, I recommend you check the tutorial found on the bottom of this KS Update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragorigames/arena-the-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
I'm Videogame Geek of the Week!!! Click the leftmost microbadge under my avatar and badger me with questions! :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Danilo!

I hope you can help me with this:
A friend of mine who is a retailer is planning on doing a retailer pledge. As I would like to support his business (as I often do), I plan on "pre-ordering" through his shop. I'm getting the Full Pledge at the same price as the KS, so in that regard it matters little to me money-wise, and so supporting my FLGS is a pre. (Even though I realise it won't help with the stretch goals, but it will spare me the bookkeeping).

I asked him if I could also order the dice + sleeves pack, and he told me that wasn't an option for retailers.

Is that true? Or was it omitted? I'd love a dice + sleeve pack with those sweet matching colour D20's and dice bag.

So the question really is: can he, as a retailer, add the sleeve+dice pack in his retailer pledge for me (at the regular price I assume)?
Or will I be missing out?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
Hi Danilo!

I hope you can help me with this:
A friend of mine who is a retailer is planning on doing a retailer pledge. As I would like to support his business (as I often do), I plan on "pre-ordering" through his shop. I'm getting the Full Pledge at the same price as the KS, so in that regard it matters little to me money-wise, and so supporting my FLGS is a pre. (Even though I realise it won't help with the stretch goals, but it will spare me the bookkeeping).

I asked him if I could also order the dice + sleeves pack, and he told me that wasn't an option for retailers.

Is that true? Or was it omitted? I'd love a dice + sleeve pack with those sweet matching colour D20's and dice bag.

So the question really is: can he, as a retailer, add the sleeve+dice pack in his retailer pledge for me (at the regular price I assume)?
Or will I be missing out?

Thanks!

The purpose of retailer pledges is allowing people who missed the kickstarter campaign to have a chance of getting the game while supporting their FLGS.

We have learned, since, that they were actually organizing group pledges and using their status of retailers to get better rates, which really disappoints me, because we wanted our game on FLGSs shelves and were ready to cut our own already very slim margins to make that happen. That practice makes the campaign suffer, cuts our direct contact with backers (we can't make our messages and emails reach our final customer), and, ultimately, hurts our chances of spreading the game to people who, for example, do not use Kickstarter.

To answer your question, retailers can order the add-on for the full price and we will add that to our order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
I'm Videogame Geek of the Week!!! Click the leftmost microbadge under my avatar and badger me with questions! :D
mbmbmbmbmb
That's understandable. I don't get why a retailer would do that, because how will they make a profit/stay in business? I know my FLGS will simply sell them at MSRP prices, as he often does with KS projects. I bought a few from him.

dragori_dan wrote:
To answer your question, retailers can order the add-on for the full price and we will add that to our order.

That's good news. I don't mind paying a little extra for his trouble. I'm assuming that goes for those new board too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P K
msg tools
dragori_dan wrote:
ifurita12 wrote:

Thank you for your interest! We will make this a possibility in our Campaign; however, when the Kickstarter ends, you would no longer be making a pledge, but a pre-order. We are considering Kickstarter a "30-day Early Bird", meaning prices will rise at the pledge manager.

Too bad you're so uptight about upgrading a pledge in pledge manager. I would love to make a $1 pledge now and upgrade to the full pledge later, as my funds are simply spread too thin this month (because of, you guessed it, other KS campaigns). But as I don't want to be punished for trying to do some credit management, increasing the prices in the pledge manager will just make me not pledge at all. And BTW pledging any amount during the campaign and later upgrading in the PM is NOT the same as late pledging, which is aimed at people who missed the campaign entirely and didn't pledge at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The problem from the perspective of those running Kickstarters is that if they permit people to gain all the benefit of commitment (a reduced price), a lot of people will then do the minimal commitment and wait to see what gets unlocked and then up their pledge after the campaign is over. That means fewer stretch goals achieved, less reliable numbers for logistics purposes, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P K
msg tools
Alone On The Moors wrote:
The problem from the perspective of those running Kickstarters is that if they permit people to gain all the benefit of commitment (a reduced price), a lot of people will then do the minimal commitment and wait to see what gets unlocked and then up their pledge after the campaign is over. That means fewer stretch goals achieved, less reliable numbers for logistics purposes, etc.

I know that's the reason that is often given, however the argument is flawed as a pledge is not permanent. I can pledge as much or as little as I like, and if I don't like where the game is going, I can easily completely withdraw right before the end of the campaign, OR go all-in at that time if I DO like what's been unlocked, and so on. So by the end of the campaign you will know whether you want the game or not.

Another slightly better argument is that forcing people to make a high pledge during the campaign by either increasing the price or not allowing certain pledges at all in the PM reduces the chance of people pledging a low amount and in the end not increasing their pledge at all.

I daresay however that any gain by that method becomes a loss because of the people who then decide not to pledge at all, meaning the $189 they might have had in the PM is now $0, AND those people will have no interest in any retail expansions or follow-up KS campaigns.

Obviously in the end the creator can decide how to handle this, but if it is never said, they might simply not consider these cases at all, losing them a lot of money and those potential clients a possibly good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.