Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I received my copy from the 2nd KS yesterday. Some of my blue-backed cards (A0027-A0042, including all the Curses; and presumably whichever other cards were wrapped with them) are smaller than the rest. Is this normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Engler
Australia
flag msg tools
I haven't noticed it before sleeving them, and after it's definitely a non-issue. The colour hue difference on the curse specific (but not the generic as far as I can tell) curse cards might be more of an issue, but I have yet to notice it during actual gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they different colors than your other cards too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tess Lynx
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
I didn't notice it when I got my box from the first kickstarter, and I haven't noticed it (or the very very slight colour difference) at all during game play.

Realistically, the difference looks super super small. If you have a stack of those cards it will rarely (if ever) be perfectly lined up on the edge. You will be more focused on surviving the continent then gauging the action deck to tell if the next card is smaller/lighter/bigger/darker.

I, personally, wouldn't worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Russell
China
Wuhan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, for some reason some of the cards (not just action cards) are cut differently. The difference is very slight and it doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but I've noticed it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Toth
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
I do find this an issue. In my case it's the curse cards slightly bigger and because of this when shuffling I need to be very care full how I shuffle because since they are slightly larger you cut to those cards more frequently which causes those cards to be more likely to be together in the deck rather then spread out through out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.