Subject: Which version has the most up to date card printings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Art P.
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Strange is the night where black stars rise, And strange moons circle through the skies, But stranger still is
badge
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was recently fortunate enough to get my hands on an Anniversary edition of both the base game as well as Lords of Middle-earth. I know that as time goes on and they refine rulings that they update the card printings.

My question is: what is the easiest way to know which of the two sets of cards that I have has the most up-to-date and errata'd printings? That's the set I obviously want to sleeve and use, and before going through them 1 by 1, I thought I'd see if anyone knew definitively which was more recent, or if there was a way to tell?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don’t think there is any difference at all, but if I’m wrong, the anniversary edition would the most recently printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been no rules or card changes since the Second Edition went to print for the first time.

A few words have changed in the rule book in recent printings, but only for clarity - no rules or cards have actually changed.

You are good with what you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art P.
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Strange is the night where black stars rise, And strange moons circle through the skies, But stranger still is
badge
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thank you, sir, as always.

edit: I take it that the same can be said for the standard and collectors editions of LoME, and will be the case for WoME?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Smogs1 wrote:
Perfect. Thank you, sir, as always.

edit: I take it that the same can be said for the standard and collectors editions of LoME, and will be the case for WoME?

Yes.

The only exception in the Treebeard promo card which has been updated recently to be more playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
I stumbled upon the following posts, where user tallgrant describes some clarification card changes for the Anniversary Release.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25351821#25351821
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25351902#25351902

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.