Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Araghi
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Messenger from MoN has the following ability: "Once per round you may spend 1 Eldritch token to reroll up to two dice."

Unlike most such rerolls (Corruption, lucky rabbits foot, etc) it does not explicitly require this to be "during a test". In particular, does this mean I can use eldritch tokens to reroll die for curses? Dark pacts?

If so, it's the first such card that I am aware of. Do you think it's an oversight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaandrew152 wrote:
The Messenger from MoN has the following ability: "Once per round you may spend 1 Eldritch token to reroll up to two dice."

Unlike most such rerolls (...) it does not explicitly require this to be "during a test". In particular, does this mean I can use eldritch tokens to reroll die for curses? Dark pacts?
Yes, you can.

aaandrew152 wrote:
If so, it's the first such card that I am aware of.
Michael McGlen can also reroll non-test dice. And Sister Mary is able to modify the results on such dice.

aaandrew152 wrote:
Do you think it's an oversight?
I don't think so as, although rare, there are precedents. And because I've peeked on the backside. (I highly recommend other not to do so. In this particular case.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Organization makes me happy!
badge
"Cult" is what a big congregation calls a little congregation.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny that I'm reading this right now. I just finished a game in which I had acquired this Messenger. I had to flip the card near the end during a reckoning... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Araghi
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought so, just wanted to check. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sometimes goes both ways, Bj. I got a Curse before we called the game (due to time) and...I got one of the funniest ones in the game (And it's in the base game to boot!). Though, it would have been funnier if I had the chance to flip it during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Eldritch Horror to Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness.

And then:

Moved from Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness to Eldritch Horror: Masks of Nyarlathotep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Organization makes me happy!
badge
"Cult" is what a big congregation calls a little congregation.
mbmbmbmbmb
lomdr wrote:
It sometimes goes both ways, Bj. I got a Curse before we called the game (due to time) and...I got one of the funniest ones in the game (And it's in the base game to boot!). Though, it would have been funnier if I had the chance to flip it during the game.

I am quite familiar with the Curse you are talking about. I have been "lucky" enough to have flipped that card in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Moved from Eldritch Horror to Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness.

Should be Eldritch Horror: Masks of Nyarlathotep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
I don't think so as, although rare, there are precedents. And because I've peeked on the backside. (I highly recommend other not to do so. In this particular case.)

It's a shame that this is a unique Unique Asset. After the first time, knowing what the backside is is sort of disappointing. Next expansion, if this game gets any more, it needs another Messenger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Shrugs
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Xelto wrote:
haroth9842 wrote:

It's a shame that this is a unique Unique Asset. After the first time, knowing what the backside is is sort of disappointing. Next expansion, if this game gets any more, it needs another Messenger

I've often thought Asenath Waite (from the Strange Remnants expansion) ought to have a reckoning effect and a nasty flipside...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.