Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Myth Kickstarter Exclusive Story Quest Fanmods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Myth [+] Module [+] Fanmod [+] KSESQ [+] [View All]
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DO YOU LIKE MYTH MODULE PLAY? TRY THESE!

My Modules are fan-created modifications («fanmods») of the identically titled Story Quests that were released by Megacon Games as part of the «Myth Kickstarter Exclusive Story Quests Booklet» (KSESQ). The fanmods shall create a «V2.0-Module» experience of the Story Quests and give owners of the retail version of Myth a chance to enjoy something similar to the original Story Quest, as well.
Where needed, the Modules contain workarounds to the Kickstarter Exclusive components.

...and, I couldn't resist bringing in a few of my own ideas in form of completely new Action Cards, Items, Allies, Agents and Mini-Bosses.

The Worth of One

Land of my Sojourn

A Heart of Darkness

A more clever King

Reign over me

The Song of the Whelp

The Foundations of the World

A Tale of Twilight

Donnchadh

The great Escape

Camp Waconda
Release: August 2018

heart Your feedback is important! heart
Let me know if you run into any issues while playing or if you have ideas how these Modules could be made better!

Credits:
Thank you to all the creators whose work these modules are based on: Megacon Games for Myth. Chris Berry (cberry) for your invaluable input. Jonathan Rowe (deadmarlowe) for the Random Chapter Quests, Expansion Bosses Chapter Quests and Expanded Traps. Darren (givver) for the Myth Darkness Tracker Android App. Stevie P (steprov) for the Myth Tile Labelling Project. Tom Howard (GeckoTH) and David Murray (TrotskyTrotsky) for the card templates. David Jackson (CarelessOpossum) for the Myth Community Item Pack. Dada Pawa (dadapawa) for the Commander Cards. Kostas Nikolo (rattle) for the Myth Game Round Flowchart. Pixabay, delphi.atmos.colostate.edu, Clipart Library, Wizards of the Coast, Clipartsfree.net, Fantasy Flight Games. Games Workshop and Stevie P (steprov), Jay Adan (JayAdan), Boris Belov, KYNG Media, Leslie Lawrenson (flickr/88487233@N03), KingsIsle Entertainment, Shutterstock, Boris Belov, Catan, New Vision Technologies, Sideshow Collectibles, Cheeky Parrot Games, PlusPNG, Daniel Davis Photography, Wallpapercave, Wallpapersafari, harry-potter-spain.deviantart.com, Dragonball Wiki, firedudewraith.deviantart.com, Wallpaperup, kolhaseridim.blogspot.com, karana-collyester.deviantart.com, photoblog.dralzheimer.stylesyndication.de, robshields.deviantart.com for artwork.
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Buitelaar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome. I'm sure to keep an eye on this.
Thanks loads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mogens Iversen
Denmark
flag msg tools
thanks a lot, just a small error in the link for land of my sojourn as it points to the first module instead. Nothing a quick search in the file section cant solve though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Great stuff. I love the stories of the KS booklet, so I'm looking forward to playing these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalimaa wrote:
just a small error in the link for land of my sojourn as it points to the first module instead.

Thanks, corrected that. Please keep giving feedback when you play through the Modules. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I’ve got some printing ahead of me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mevio Signore Delle Fiamme
msg tools
mbmb
That's so great man thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mevio Signore Delle Fiamme
msg tools
mbmb
Quick question is the community item pack required or can I do without?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benjamininja wrote:
Oh I’ve got some printing ahead of me!

Haha just make sure to only print them one by one right before you play because I am still often updating the Modules and Components based on user feedback.

growill wrote:
Quick question is the community item pack required or can I do without?

Most of my Merchants sell items from the pack, so you might consider printing at least those.
I would recommend the community item pack to anyone, it just adds so much variety to your item deck and is well balanced. To me, the low-cost way to make use of the community item pack is to print it on your home printer and then use the Megacon item sleeves for all items. No need to worry about buying, the store is not operated by Megacon themselves and therefore delivers very fast and reliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don’t sleeve, and happen to have the old 1.0 cards, I’ve permanent marketed the names onto the old cards, shuffled them in with the other item cards, and printed the sheets with the items and cut them out to have on hand when I pull a marked card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, that looks really great! thank you!

i love that myth still has a community, imagine, with the new owner, this community is getting bigger! *dream*

i guess i will print them all out now :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kucin
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Nice work! Where did you get the tile images? Did you scan them inyourself? Pretty cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bitterboy wrote:
Nice work! Where did you get the tile images? Did you scan them inyourself? Pretty cool!

Thanks! To your question: It's actually mentioned in the footnotes of the Modules, if you do not have the tiles proposed available, you may use proxies from the Myth Tile Labelling Reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is amazing thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kucin
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks for the tip about the footnotes. Very helpful! Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Module released!
The Foundations of the World has just been released in the files section - enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smith
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey Kanz, these are all fantastic. Thanks for all your work.

Small request if I may. Those of us in North America are limited to 81/2 x 11 paper and sometimes the images get cut off at the edges for the extra cards and tokens. Where possible, can you squeeze the images closer to the middle of the pageand away from the edges. I've noticed there is often room but when I try to do this in PDF format, bits of text and such gets left behind and I just make a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dreddnought wrote:
Small request if I may. Those of us in North America are limited to 81/2 x 11 paper and sometimes the images get cut off at the edges for the extra cards and tokens.

Sure will do - just sitting in midst of a playtest session weekend right now :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dreddnought wrote:
Hey Kanz, these are all fantastic. Thanks for all your work.

Small request if I may. Those of us in North America are limited to 81/2 x 11 paper and sometimes the images get cut off at the edges for the extra cards and tokens. Where possible, can you squeeze the images closer to the middle of the pageand away from the edges. I've noticed there is often room but when I try to do this in PDF format, bits of text and such gets left behind and I just make a mess.

Yay! Thanks Robert! I was thinking the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After more playtesting, the modules The Worth of One and Reign over me have been reworked quite a bit.
Furthermore, I changed page borders for the components for both those modules and for Land of my Sojourn to allow full scale printing without clipping on letter page size. Could someone with a letter-format printer please test this and give feedback if it's ok now? I will update the component pages of the remaining modules afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great work on these!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Components printing issues fixed
I noticed that token components in all modules are too big and therefore do not fit the squares on the game board. Corrected versions of all modules published so far have been submitted to BGG and should be available within the next days (some are already). These versions also include the corrected page borders that allow full scale printing on letter-size (US) paper.

HAPPY GAMING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kanz wrote:
I noticed that token components in all modules are too big and therefore do not fit the squares on the game board. Corrected versions of all modules published so far have been submitted to BGG and should be available within the next days (some are already). These versions also include the corrected page borders that allow full scale printing on letter-size (US) paper.

HAPPY GAMING!

Awesome. Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kanz
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New module released!
A Tale of Twilight has just been released - have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
First of all, thank you for all the work, these are much better than those on the booklet!

The one thing I recall from reading through a few of the original quests was that the final tile for the Whealp quest had an indecipherable goal and description. So I immediately jumped to yours, and I still can't figure out how to play out this tile.

I am looking forward to reading through your Tale of Twilight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.