Subject: Nightmare packs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Phelps

Mount Washington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the Nightmare packs up to the “Heirs of Numenor/Against the Shadows” cycle. I focused on the early ones because I felt they would give me the most bang for my buck. Most of the early quests were either too easy or had some flaw mechanically that the nightmare mode fixed. That being said what is the hive minds opinion on purchasing any further nightmare packs? Are there any quest after “Against the Shadows” that especially benefit from the nightmare treatment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the Nightmare quests released so far & have been playing the first few lately. What I would say is that they are TOUGH! So if you're someone that finds the standard quests hard enough as they are, don't bother.

Us, however, we enjoy the extra challenge they are providing more than the standard versions. Even if it means attempting them more often & having to think harder about how we can adapt our decks to defeat them.

The only I have not enjoyed is the Nightmare Escape From Dol Guldur, and the only one we have given up on without beating. Sheer brutality!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ccwyxx c
msg tools
mbmb
Play the passage of mirkwood with its nightmare. I breeze through it first time within 6 rounds. Thinking it is nothing difficult.. try the quest for the second and third and fourth.. and got kicked pretty badly. I then realised the first round I got really really lucky as my hand had all the best cards I can use... and the encounter deck draw was fortunately easy.

I can pretty much say if you are only using the core player deck its almost impossible to beat the nightmare. So forget it and stick with the standard expansions.. it's hard enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.