Subject: What's a good solo score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Just finished my second game of DA last night. I used the solo rules and I added the quests and the win loss condition.

It was better than my first run, but I walked away with 5 points, which seems pretty bad.

I'm trying to determine what a "good" score would be.

It seems that if one were to earn the entire XP pool (20xp), place all tiles and have no tiles left in the offer or stack because of helpful solo cards, (-0xp), kill all the monsters, (-0xp), and never become defeated (-0xp), and complete 1 quest of each level (9xp), a great score should be 29xp.

Increasing the quests to all be 4xp quests, gets us to 32xp, then killing more monsters over the xp pool cap (I'm assuming you still get xp after clearing the second pool) could drive it up more.

But it seems like the -4xp per tile is a big swing given that you need the AI deck to cooperate in order to get to the bottom of the stack.

Second game though, so what do I know?

Am I missing any sources of points?

What sorts of scores are people ending up with in solo?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you're missing something:
- the XP pool is not limited to 20, 20XP is just the limit to bring you to 3rd upgrade deck, but the XP pool is "infinite"
- When you complete a quest, you score the total points, so 3/5/7 for a 15XP total.

Your total will rise with this new way of calculating your total, but I managed twice to go around 48XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, remember that since you are going through the entire AI deck every game, you will always discard all 4 extra Dungeon Tiles. It is always possible (but potentially dangerous!) to explore the whole stack.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Haven’t finished a game properly yet to score myself. On my second round, I was 3 cycles in when I discovered I forgot to flip the AI deck those 3 times.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks wrote:
Also, remember that since you are going through the entire AI deck every game, you will always discard all 4 extra Dungeon Tiles. It is always possible (but potentially dangerous!) to explore the whole stack.

Andrew

Ah yes! Excellent point, thank you.

I'm really enjoying your game. I'm trying not to be too effusive, as I'm just getting into it. So I'll just say, "it's really good."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
senik wrote:
yes, you're missing something:
- the XP pool is not limited to 20, 20XP is just the limit to bring you to 3rd upgrade deck, but the XP pool is "infinite"
- When you complete a quest, you score the total points, so 3/5/7 for a 15XP total.

Your total will rise with this new way of calculating your total, but I managed twice to go around 48XP.

Awesome! Thank you, that will make a big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my last 2 solitaire runs (no quests included, and using "nightmare mode" which gives a bonus at the end), I was able to hit 40 XP as my final score. You have to really push exploration of all the tiles, if you can, and be super-efficient about killing monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
severian73 wrote:
On my last 2 solitaire runs (no quests included, and using "nightmare mode" which gives a bonus at the end), I was able to hit 40 XP as my final score. You have to really push exploration of all the tiles, if you can, and be super-efficient about killing monsters.

Damn! I have had 13 and -1! Lol I played a co-op game today and tomorrow we are beginning a campaign. Even in our co-op we only got 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Duran
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just finished my first game solo. No quests. Came in at 32 points. 1 unexplored tile, one defeated hero, all exposed tiles cleared. I feel like I may have overlooked the movement penalty a couple times (when adjacent to enemy). First round was real slow, but it started to "click" mid-2nd round. Very enjoyable, looking forward to more, especially those quests!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick M
msg tools
mb
I'm averaging mid-20s, usually with one or two quests completed. With each new play I find I'm able to minimize rule errors. Andrew's attention to these boards is so helpful.

Ultimately, my goal is to complete two quests (including one Final Enemy) with an overall score of 30+. We'll see ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.