United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
before the Pledge Manager goes up. Calendar Man, Ventriloquist, Spoiler/Steph Brown Batgirl, Robina, and others could be added.

Also hoping that down the line we see a Legion of Doom and Archers expansions with a team up of villains. The Archers expansion would feature Green Arrow based allies and villains with the same system, but more archery/range based in Star City scenarios.

From there I'd love to see a stand alone Justice League expansion with bigger battles and intergalactic scenarios with smaller expansions of Young Justice/Teen Titans and then Green Lantern based characters and scenarios, even with the eventual option of a major battle/campaign on Mogo.

Of course, it'd be great if all these characters could blend together and have major fighters doing more damage to heavy hitting/uber powerful villains while the lesser heroes can do smaller amounts of damage but still provide meaningful support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for it, but I think there'd be a huge backlash from the people who went 'all in' and were told that was ALL there'd be and no more, so I wouldn't do it if I were them. Here's hoping for another expansion right after it ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Problem is that they promised that all-in is all-in.

I really hope that we get tomorrow an easter egg on easter sunday with a spoiler in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:

I really hope that we get tomorrow an easter egg on easter sunday with a spoiler in it.

Crappy promise
Think we will have to hope for a new "add-on KS" =D
That would free them from this ridiculous promise and enable them to give us more goodies and more boards and so on as we could get them at a later delivery date compared to the promise in this KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish Monolith would add Spoiler to the Wayne Manor expansion and Ventriloquist to the Arkham Asylum expansion. I think that would encourage many backers to upgrade to an All-in pledge and the extra funds this would generate should offset the costs of two new moulds. This would probably generate as much extra money as an add on, but not break the no more add ons promise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am blown away and make no additional demands. That said
There is a significant disparity between the pledge and all-in pledge. The regular pledge is INSANE value, while the all-in pledge is DAMN-GOOD value. Even if you hate Batman, can't see any gamer not pledging the basic pledge level, crazy number of unique sculpts. I'm all-in and happy to be so, but all-in is pretty expensive and not the jump it should be from the basic pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind if Monolith released another Batman standalone game.

CMON was able to do it with three modern-day Zombicide games, two medieval ones, a spin-off, and now a space version. The Batman boardgame focused on stories in the last ten or fifteen (?) years, but there's plenty more Batman mythos to go around (not to mention alternate sculpts). Backers wanted more boards, more characters -- and more dice. Another standalone game certainly would have that. With Monolith, like some other companies, using KS exclusively for additional print runs, they could run a new Batman standalone campaign in a few years and offer the current Batman boardgame as well. Collect 'em all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gelaar wrote:
I am blown away and make no additional demands. That said
There is a significant disparity between the pledge and all-in pledge. The regular pledge is INSANE value, while the all-in pledge is DAMN-GOOD value. Even if you hate Batman, can't see any gamer not pledging the basic pledge level, crazy number of unique sculpts. I'm all-in and happy to be so, but all-in is pretty expensive and not the jump it should be from the basic pledge.

That's almost always the case.

The base pledge is priced to be a great deal, reel backers in and make *some* money (there might even be some campaigns that do the base pledge as a loss leader), the all-in (or expansions) are priced to make the actual big chunk of the profit. It's based on the (usually correct) bet that a lot of backers will go "eh, might as well complete it" once you've caught their eyeballs with the base pledge deal.

It's a slightly modified version of the console market (or printer cartridges, or razors or plenty of others) and it's a tried and true strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hopefully you bought the game and will play it with your friends. Conan was enough of a success that they did a second Kickstarter and they're doing the same with Mythic Battles. Be active on their Overlord website and maybe make some print-and-play cards up with some ideas of how those characters would work and be different from what you already have. If there is enough interest they'll probably do another print run on another Kickstarter campaign and offer some kind of update with other new stuff. It takes a few years for them to set everything up, so just be patient and active enough to get other people interested. Increasing demand is the most effective way to get results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sepulveda
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Qumad wrote:
Teskal wrote:

Crappy promise
That would free them from this ridiculous promise and enable them to give us more goodies and more boards and so on as we could get them at a later delivery date compared to the promise in this KS.

Hmm I went all in, other than getting the core box and all expansions, what did they promise that was crappy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunnycide wrote:
Qumad wrote:
Teskal wrote:

Crappy promise

Hmm I went all in, other than getting the core box and all expansions, what did they promise that was crappy?

Yeah, no kidding! How is it crappy to promise that if you pay for "All-in" you get everything? No extras tacked on halfway through the campaign that cost more money, just whatever you see, you get. Even the villain campaign that they released was tacked on to the All-In pledges for free. Base pledges had to pay $10 (which I did, along with getting the VS expansion). $320 is a crazy deal for all the content the All-In pledges are getting, just as $140 is even crazier for everything the base pledges are getting. Nothing about this is crappy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
COMaestro wrote:
Sunnycide wrote:
Qumad wrote:
Teskal wrote:

Crappy promise

Yeah, no kidding! How is it crappy to promise that if you pay for "All-in" you get everything? No extras tacked on halfway through the campaign that cost more money, just whatever you see, you get. Even the villain campaign that they released was tacked on to the All-In pledges for free. Base pledges had to pay $10 (which I did, along with getting the VS expansion). $320 is a crazy deal for all the content the All-In pledges are getting, just as $140 is even crazier for everything the base pledges are getting. Nothing about this is crappy!

It's crappy that they set a cap on it.
That way they could not add more stuff to the KS that would be of a substansial cost as they would not add to the cost of the all-inn pledge.
If they had done that there would have been whining and crying over them not keeping theyr 320 cap.
That's why it was a crappy promise, leave your options open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Qumad wrote:
COMaestro wrote:
Sunnycide wrote:
Qumad wrote:
Teskal wrote:

Crappy promise

That way they could not add more stuff to the KS that would be of a substansial cost as they would not add to the cost of the all-inn pledge.
If they had done that there would have been whining and crying over them not keeping theyr 320 cap.

I do not agree - keeping the promise of $320 is a good practice - not like CMON, who make crappy add-ons with KSE cost three times the core pledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
Qumad wrote:
COMaestro wrote:
Sunnycide wrote:
Qumad wrote:
Teskal wrote:

Crappy promise

I do not agree - keeping the promise of $320 is a good practice - not like CMON, who make crappy add-ons with KSE cost three times the core pledge

Yes, that's your take on it.
And as you can see, others among us think this is a crappy thing, as they have painted themselves into a coorner thus limiting their options to give us more stuff, if that's what their backers want.
You don't have to buy all the extra add-ons if you don't want them.

[Edit]
However, I do agree that keeping your promise is a good idea, you'd look like an jerk if not.
Hence why it's a crappy idea to make that promise in the first place, reasons; see above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sepulveda
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Qumad wrote:
Don Sombrero wrote:
Qumad wrote:
COMaestro wrote:
Sunnycide wrote:
Qumad wrote:
Teskal wrote:

Crappy promise

Yes, that's your take on it.
And as you can see, others among us think this is a crappy thing, as they have painted themselves into a coorner thus limiting their options to give us more stuff, if that's what their backers want.
You don't have to buy all the extra add-ons if you don't want them.

[Edit]
However, I do agree that keeping your promise is a good idea, you'd look like an jerk if not.
Hence why it's a crappy idea to make that promise in the first place, reasons; see above

Ohhh! I had no idea they set a cap, I just assumed that was all there was to get, and the more money they made the more stuff they released (stretch goals). I understand now, its probably an opinion thing haha I'm actually really happy with my all in pledge and everything we got/will get but i can see how the cap bothers people. (I would be bankrupt if they added premium add-ons, there's no way i wouldn't get them all) zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:

+1 for "crappy" add-ons! I love these miniatures and love the CMON miniatures for their games of late and always up for more! Wish they added more for Hate and I would've dished out the cash if Monolith provided an add-on for all of those missing villians ( and a better alt Harley sculpt than the one they provided us late - read: sexier ).
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Running a game design like you're window shopping is a terrible idea. There are cases where "live" stretch goals ("dynamic" is the term Monolith used for it) can work out fine in the end, but they always add to the risk of the project and they always exaggerate delays in the project.

Monolith made a good decision in not doing that--in having an actual plan and an actual budget. That they misled backers about that for the sake of showmanship is ... a strange decision. Setting aside entirely whether or not it's smart to promise "all in", adding a particularly large amount of stuff later into the campaign is often a bad idea to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the All in is All in Promise because it meant I could budget it (especially as it was known beforehand that it would be around 300ish) and knew I would get everything.

Surprising people near the end with more add-ons they have to pay for that they haven't budgeted for is just annoying to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Touchfuzzy wrote:
I liked the All in is All in Promise because it meant I could budget it (especially as it was known beforehand that it would be around 300ish) and knew I would get everything.

Surprising people near the end with more add-ons they have to pay for that they haven't budgeted for is just annoying to be honest.

Well, you don't _have_ to buy it.
If you'r happy with that you got now, good, then you could stop there.
And for those of us that want more maps and scenarios, more heros and vilains, then we could throw more money at them if we wanted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qumad wrote:
Touchfuzzy wrote:

Well, you don't _have_ to buy it.
If you'r happy with that you got now, good, then you could stop there.
And for those of us that want more maps and scenarios, more heros and vilains, then we could throw more money at them if we wanted to.

I wanted to have everything. They gave me a price that was everything.

I then budgeted in order to have enough to have everything. If they had said "It will be 400 for everything" I would have budgeted 400 from the beginning.

The point is not the amount of money, the point is that I wanted everything, and by telling me how much everything is BEFOREHAND, I know I get to have everything. If suddenly there is a hundred more dollars worth of stuff, its still stuff I want, but I won't necessarily actually have the money budgeted for it.

I'm happy that some people don't seem to have to plan ahead to afford several hundred dollar Kickstarters, but how about not being a dick to those of us who do?

Honestly, I feel Monolith did this part of the Kickstarter right: Make sure everyone knows about the kickstarter WAY ahead of time, announce the rough cost of all in ahead of time so that people can budget, and then stick to it. That way everyone who has the ability to get the money up over most of a year can have it if they want it, and nobody is left out of any part that they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All good stuff, points taken. To clarify, I'm not complaining there's not more stuff. But we all get to express our opinion and me liking the option to get more stuff and pay for it doesn't make me a dick (I am a dick, big time, just not on this point), I'm just another voice expressing opinion. It's up to the creators to view feedback and make a decision. We all should provide feedback so they have as much information as they can get to make the best decision. Simple as that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.