Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Scenario: Escape from Tomb rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Crouse
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Quick question, and I know it may seem obvious but it is the first time I have/will play this board game. When setting up the dungeon tiles, the first ten dungeons tiles must be an equal combination of white/black triangles or could it be any combination? For instance, if I randomly choose 10 tiles and all of them (theoretically) are white tiles and no black encounter tiles then Strahd is going to run me down in no time. Conversely so, if all the tiles are (theoretically) chosen as black encounter tiles, and possibly less than five white tiles/triangles, then Strahd will never wake up. So are the tiles supposed to be 50% white and 50% black? Again, sorry about the confusion. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Random
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes i agree random
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely, Random. The Encounter cards are the biggest pain in the butt, but when to explore/not to explore is one of the main strategy decisions going for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.