Subject: Easy or am I playing it wrong rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dom
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering. For those guys playing the pnp. So you think it is easy to score good? I played it two times now and each one was in the "exceptional" range. The first one with 32 and the second with 39. Was I just lucky or are there some pitfalls I might be playing wrong.

Love the game so far. Happy I received the pnp files before my travels started
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've logged 33 plays so far. High score of 35, average around 26-27. So mid 30s is reasonably achievable. What sort of average are you getting after a few games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Des. Standard score for me is mid 20s. If I'm really concentrating and playing carefully I've had a 34 and a 35.

I'd say you're either a natural, in terms of memory or planning. Or, more like you have a rule wrong somewhere. (Or your cards are printed wrong - ive only made a lvl 3 temple ONCE)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12 plays in. high score 32. typically 23-27. still looking to build the elusive level 3 temple. scored 32 on my second play, was also worried it may be too easy. I am no longer worried. could be a rule wrong, or misprint, or the game just suits you. hopefully you still enjoy playing. I still do. have an hour long drive later today, looking forward to playing on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
One rule that I had missed is that you can only discard the FIRST card. You can't discard the second card. You can do the action on either card, but if you are discarding only the first card can be discarded.

I was regularly getting low 30's without too much trouble before I noticed this. Now my scores are similar to the others posted here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. And i just scored 31. Now that is interesting. Will have to play again.

Edit: update - just scored 24. Only discarding the top card, not the top of the deck does change the game, making it more difficult as there is less flexability. I liked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My highest was 39. I've played around 100 times and consistently get in the 30s. Check my strategy post for details on getting these scores. I'm pretty sure 42 is the highest possible score. I haven't gotten that high though in a real game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought I wasn't doing as well as I could be because I never manage to get my second temple to level 3! Depending on the deck, I'll either go temples or housing.. and if I'm going temples, I can pretty consistently get one temple to 3. The other temple ends up at 1-2, but if it's at 1 (as is most common), then I'm probably collecting points pretty well elsewhere. I seem to typically score in the thirties, with pretty basic-level strategies. I haven't yet broken the 40 barrier, but I only have a handful of plays. I did find it very strange that I scored so high in game 1 and went to look over the rules. I didn't find that I was doing wrong, so from then on, I've been super-careful about making sure to advance the round card, as I immediately suspected that I must have taken an accidental extra round. However, I do consistently score similarly.

However - I have found the feats quite tricky to accomplish. Some of the challenges really go against my natural play style and they've been responsible for some of my lower scores. I think they really add something to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Robinson

Colorado
msg tools
aohelaman wrote:
One rule that I had missed is that you can only discard the FIRST card. You can't discard the second card. You can do the action on either card, but if you are discarding only the first card can be discarded.

I was regularly getting low 30's without too much trouble before I noticed this. Now my scores are similar to the others posted here.

I missed that one too for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KarenSDR wrote:
aohelaman wrote:

I missed that one too for a long time.

Don't worry. I've tested the game since Nov. And that was a rule I missed early on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani A
msg tools
The issue here is that a lot of playthrough videos in Youtube play it wrong, and discard either of the top 2 cards, when in fact you're only allowed to discard the top-most card. That's why I'm a bit skeptical towards people getting "constantly over 30 points", either here on in KS campaign comments.

Can't complain, as everyone plays their own way, but it surely makes it harder to compare the points if two players play with different rules. So I don't really care what points others get - I play against my own high score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.