7 Posts

The Voyages of Marco Polo» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Questions about some detail on this game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krichapol Inthanin
Thailand
flag msg tools
1. does the white die included for counting total 15 dice points? (for Matteo Polo)

2. For Wilhelm von Rubruk, Let say I travel through 3 cities and of course placing my trading post to all 3 cities. The question is, Do I get the bonus immediately since I place my each trading post or I have to finish traveling through 3 cities and get all bonus at the end of my travel. If I remember it right on Yucata I get all bonus after finishing my travel.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't cite official rulings, but I'm pretty sure I have seen here on BGG that:

1. Yes, the white die is counted in the total.

2. You only get the bonuses after finishing the entire travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theglassprison wrote:
1. does the white die included for counting total 15 dice points? (for Matteo Polo)

Yes it is.

theglassprison wrote:
2. For Wilhelm von Rubruk, Let say I travel through 3 cities and of course placing my trading post to all 3 cities. The question is, Do I get the bonus immediately since I place my each trading post or I have to finish traveling through 3 cities and get all bonus at the end of my travel.

End of travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to ask an additional scenario that I encountered yesterday regarding Wilhelm. So I traveled through several cities. Ok. Now I get all bonuses at the end of this travel.
Well, do I get them simultaneously or in chronological order?
Specific case here: One of the cities had the extra movement, and I went through +3 camels afterwards. Now to be able to use the extra move (which came before) I needed the 3 camels for the path. If I get all of it at once, it works. If chronologically strictly, I don't have the neede camels yet. Ok or is the move wasted?! Rare timing question ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question of the bonuses regarding Rubruk has popped up many times, and I think there was an official answer by the publisher or the designer that you recieve all the city bonuses together at the end of your travel action (that's clear enough, so you cannot use those bonuses to pay for your original movement cost)... now, in this particular case that one of the bonuses is an extra movement and another one is camels/money, I'd say you can use those bonus resources to pay for the cost of the bonus step because they're all coming it at once, they were not recieved in order as you moved across each city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
msg tools
mb
Hmmm - just played for 1st time and love the game. However, I think I misread the rules. From this discussion, it sounds like if your movement take you through 3 cities, you can place a settlement in each one. I was thinking you could only place a settlement where your move ended. Or is it that you can place a settlement in each city but only get the bonus tile in the city where your move finishes? Thanks for any help.

Edit: oh I think I see upon rereading - it’s only the special character power that lets you place multiple settlements in one move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre E
Germany
Krummhoern
flag msg tools
autiger90 wrote:

Edit: oh I think I see upon rereading - it’s only the special character power that lets you place multiple settlements in one move?

Correct.You played according to rules.The names of the characters are important to know if you want to follow a discussion here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.