Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Bullion
United States
N. Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
After Puerto Rico, Todd, Ken, and I switched gears and turned our attention to Torres. This was the first time for Todd and Ken. I had played one two-player game. We played the basic game.
Everyone started their intial knight on a different outside edge and Todd placed the King as close to his first castle as possible. However, he and Ken were not quite clear on the "not joining two castles" rule and both placed blocks adjacent to their castles and diagonally adjacent to the King's so as to effectively trap the King in a one room castle. Thus nobody scored the bonus and the King spent the year in a one-room shack. Round 1 scores: Todd 10, Bruce 9, Ken 8.
Ken would take no chances regarding the bonus in the second round, placing the King in his castle on level two where he already had a knight. Todd scrambled a knight off an adjacent castle, but fell one space short of the only level one entrance to the King's new digs. I was one space closer than Todd and was able to take advantage of moving through a doorway to gain the last level two space on the King's castle. After the second round, I lead Ken by four and Todd by 8.
The third round starte with Todd placing the King on level three of his castle where he had a knight as Ken had the previous round. Ken was able to climb aboard for the bonus rather easily, but then inexplicably built higher costing him the bonus for a gain of only 12 points. It took me a full two turns and an action card, but I eventually earned the bonus as well after much sweating. Turns out I didn't even need it.
Final scores: Bruce 128, Todd 111, Ken 110.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.