Hide
4 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Post Game 10 question *SPOILER* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Acastruc Nothing
msg tools
After game 10, what is the point of having the most minions?
The player does not get to keep more than his capacity, does he?
Our player with the most minions is quite ticked at having seemingly wasted his time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You achieve the guidepost if you have the most minions. Achieving a guidepost grants you 1 glory and lets you choose between the revealed options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
If said player sacrificed good strategy and potentially multiple glory stars to achieve the single glory star from the guidepost, that's on him. Most minions is really no different than earlier guideposts which were contingent upon having the most of other stuff. Think back to game 2. The guidepost was most coins/resources. Nobody got to keep all of those either after that game, but instead were limited by capacity just the same as minions after game 10. If said player gained the guidepost glory and scored well during game 10, then he should feel quite good about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
If said player sacrificed good strategy and potentially multiple glory stars to achieve the single glory star from the guidepost, that's on him. Most minions is really no different than earlier guideposts which were contingent upon having the most of other stuff. Think back to game 2. The guidepost was most coins/resources. Nobody got to keep all of those either after that game, but instead were limited by capacity just the same as minions after game 10. If said player gained the guidepost glory and scored well during game 10, then he should feel quite good about it.

I think the difference in that player's mind might be that at the end of Game 2,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
players got bonus VP based on the choice made by the guidepost winner, but there was no such bonus for the Game 10 guidepost.

Of course, many of the other guideposts didn't award VP either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.