6 Posts

Agricola: Family Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Animals and Stables? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
1) I have an animal in a stable which is not in a pasture. If I subsequently build a pasture I immediately place my stable on that pasture. Does the animal in that stable have to move with the stable onto that newly built pasture, or can the stable be put in the newly built pasture and the animal be put in another pasture?

2) Can I rearrange my animals at any time? That is, can I move my animals from pasture to pasture at any time, just being sure only one type of animal is in each pasture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
msg tools
mbmb
1) Wow, I only learned just now that you can have an animal in a stable not in your pasture:
Quote:
Page 7: "Each stable outside of a pasture can hold exactly one animal."

I believe #2 answers #1. Because you can move animals at anytime, you may either keep the animal there or move it to another pasture.

2) Yes.
Quote:
Page 10: "You may redistribute the animals on your farm at any time to make better use of the space in your stables and pastures (see page 7). Just make sure all of your animals are accommodated afterward, or they will run away."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
A few more related questions:
1) I'm not sure I'm correctly interpreting a section of the scoring rules on page 12. At the end of the game, stables not in a pasture do not score 1 VP each but stables in pastures do score 1 VP each. Animals in stables not in a pasture score 1 VP each. Is all of this correct?

2) Putting a stable on a newly built pasture happens immediately. No other action is necessary to do it. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
msg tools
mbmb
1)

Quote:
Each stable in a pasture is worth 1 point.

Correct, only stables in pastures score.

Quote:
Each grain in your fields and each animal on your farm is worth 1 point. Resources and grain in your supply aren‘t worth any points, unless you have the appropriate improvements.

This is tricky, because stables not in pastures are "outside" them, but it doesn't say if it's not "on" the farm (prepositions, uy). Because only stables in pastures are worth a point, it seems that animals would follow the same logic.

2) That's correct, no other action is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s not tricky. All of your animals are on your farm. All of your animals follow the same scoring rules, regardless of where they’re housed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
msg tools
mbmb
grant5 wrote:
It’s not tricky.

The rules aren't specified for this particular case and the phrasing of rules can lead to different interpretations, but I do get what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.