Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Courtesy of Dusk42134, the complete spoilers for the fourth data pack of the Kitara cycle (due out next week) were posted on Imgur. As with the previously released cards of this cycle, they do not disappoint.

https://imgur.com/a/qU13L

Some observations:

Rogue Trading

A zero-cost job resource that pays out 18 credits? Sign me up! Wait... it takes 2 clicks and 1 tag to activate it (so, let me do some math, uh another click and two credits to clear the tag... yeah, uh...), meaning it nets you 2 credits per click (and wastes 3/4 of your turn).

I think this card has potential, but will require some serious support to make it worthwhile. Citadel Sanctuary and 3 copies of Power Tap would complement Rogue Trading, and provide a minor credit bonus when the Corp initiates the required end-of-turn trace. Sounds like a lot of work, but 18 credits is nothing to scoff at...

Nyashia
This seems like a very useful multi-access card, although I may be misinterpreting the end effect (the wording on this card seems a little vague given that the number of accesses is determined at the successful run step and this card triggers on the access part). Can I only one of the counters during a RnD dig?

Malia Z0L0K4

Yes, it would be too much for the card art to show this bioroid carrying Film Critic over its shoulder.

Kill Switch & Tempus

The Kitara cycle has seemed to push the theme of brain damage harder than its been in long time, and this duo of cards offers even more options. Because both are trace dependent, only rich Corps need apply.

Bio Vault

The bane of Obokata's existence is Film Critic, and while Ben Mushashi and Macus Batty are useful, defensive cards, they are also unique (and hence prone to Rumor Mill which re-entered the pool as a restricted card). I think Bio Vault may actually be more useful, even though it would take a full turn to prep it (IAA).

The most interesting thing about this card is the absence of "only during a run on this server" language, which makes it quite versatile if the Runner attempts to force a central and remote server. Functionally, it provides the same benefit as a Nisei Mark 2 counter, and can be recurred.

Endless EULA

I love the flavor text almost as much as how this card makes paperclip weep.

Rashida Jaheem

Generic but very useful in many decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogue Trading only works with citadel taps really, but it's a stellar use of the card. 419 and Sunny will definitely get on this. maybe Geist, but he probably has better things to do
also with a Crash Space, it turns your RTs into a 3 click-per-turn mopus

i don't think you can go tagme with this, at least not the first tag. install, click for 6, ditch the tag. next turn click for 12 and take the 2 tags seems fine if you really need the cash, but that's 2 turns in a row and makes you vulnerable to closed accounts

the wording for Nyashia isn't vague actually. it works just like voter initiative. it allows you to use 1 token whenever you reach the access step on R&D
compared to Maker's Eye, lets you see +1 card and has a much higher chance of giving you all your extra accesses (since it only triggers on access; you can fail runs all turn long and still have your counters). all it costs is MU for a few turns
you can also trigger multiple Nyashia on the same run. it's good.

Bio Vault's best play is still IAA in your scoring remote. otherwise it's easier for the runner to go after that server first. it ends the run before they can get to it and trash it anyway
i could see some kind of shell game with it, but you'd still need a scoring remote or taxing tower defending a central for the etr to be worth it

i don't see how EULA makes paperclip sad tbh. sure, Morningstar and Sherman are happy to break this for 1 or 2, but with all the other barriers that Paperclip is better at breaking, there's no real reason to drop 8 credits on Morningstar or spend influence on either of them when Paperclip is just fine as is. especially since you can break it for the same cost without any breaker at all

Sunny will be happy to see this. Geist and 419 will probably think about importing Sherman to supplement Saker in lieu of Paperclip, but i don't think this is any kind of death knell for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My main complaint about Bio Vault is that its dome shape is going to undo the last twenty years of effort I've put into forgetting about that Pauly Shore movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.