5 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy» Forums » Rules

Subject: About draw 2-8 tiles onto black depot. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
balmydrizzle balmydrizzle
Taiwan
flag msg tools
A question about rule: "Randomly draw black-backed six-sided tiles and place them, face-up, onto the black depot in the middle of the game board (draw 2 to 8 tiles, depending on player number)"

There'er 4 black depot blocks printed "2" and the manual said depending on player number. I thought at least I should draw 4 in 2-player game. Why the manual saids 2 to 8?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, sounds like a misprint in the rules. Should be 4/6/8 tiles for 2/3/4 players. Follow the board, I'd say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
balmydrizzle wrote:
A question about rule: "Randomly draw black-backed six-sided tiles and place them, face-up, onto the black depot in the middle of the game board (draw 2 to 8 tiles, depending on player number)"

There'er 4 black depot blocks printed "2" and the manual said depending on player number. I thought at least I should draw 4 in 2-player game. Why the manual saids 2 to 8?

Russian rules (closest to look for me) also say "4 to 8 tiles", so it's likely a misprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny.

I came looking for that exact reason too as my rules say 2-8. Mine are the English rules but my version has the French rules in box also.

So yeah - an obvious misprint.

In the same rules it also states that when removing the hex tiles at start of phase the ship, mine and castle tiles can be left. I have to assume it does not mean for the black backed ones and instead the black backed ones are ALL cleared regardless.

Let me know if I am wrong about this please.

And thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hall
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Cardboard and Wine Podcast
badge
Cardboard and Wine Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
wizpop wrote:
That's funny.

In the same rules it also states that when removing the hex tiles at start of phase the ship, mine and castle tiles can be left. I have to assume it does not mean for the black backed ones and instead the black backed ones are ALL cleared regardless.

Let me know if I am wrong about this please.

And thanks.

That is correct. The ship, mine, and castle tiles can be left because they are all identical. All black tiles in the middle are cleared between phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.