Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The explanation of the Destruction icon seems to imply that it can only be triggered by a firing unit:

Destruction: "Every time they fire at a structure directly or a unit within the structure they roll dice equal to the value indicated in the symbol."

The Shggoth (Large Creature) has the following Special Abilities:
Cannot Enter Buildings
Destruction 3
Brutal Assault +0
Limited Shot Range 0
Long Distance Assault 2
Assault +4

My question is:
How does the Shoggoth trigger its Destruction 3 ability when it effectively can't shoot? (Max Firing Range 0). Can the Shoggoth target a structure with a Ranged/ Brutal Assault?

I'm assuming that the 'standard' Assault ruling on page 7 ("Only units having the Assault Special Ability can initiate in melee against an enemy infantry or vehicle") means that the Shoggoth can't use a 'standard' assault against structures, and that any such structure assault must be non-'standard'. Is this correct?

Many thanks for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an excellent question... I will see what I can find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have to admit this one was a surprise to me...

As of V2.0 of the rules, Assault as well as Firing can trigger the Destruction ability. It was likely an error that the change was left out of the first version of the SoN rulebook.

So in the Compendium version, the text states:
Quote:
If a structure or a unit inside a structure is targeted by gear or a unit that has this special ability during a firing action or an assault, the building may suffer destruction points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.