Subject: New Bean Sheets? Different Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ld paulson

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I was looking at someone's Coffee Roaster post with photos elsewhere on BGG. The bean sheets were wholly different from those I've been using.

Are there new bean sheets?

OR

Is there a different version of the game featuring wholly different beans and a changed layout for the sheets?

Appreciate anyone who can shed some light on this mystery.

Thank you!

ldp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have photos to help illustrate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ld paulson

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are other users' photos, but should help illustrate my point.

Apparently, these are from a 2017 Japanese reprint.

This image depicts the layout for the version I know and have been playing:

As you see, the bag information is along the right side of the card, not across the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand but you could link that photo so we could see it. I only own one copy so I can't compare. If I know what you're referring to specifically I can check it against my own and see if it's the same or different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not sure exactly but mine looks like the first image. I guess there was a big reprint lately. I was looking for the game for a while and I couldn’t find it anywhere, then it showed up again in abundance, which means I probably got the newer reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean now that you have edited your post. Thanks.

My own copy is the BigFun Homosapiens Lab version. Made in Taiwan. I got it sometime last year but don't recall exactly where (although I didn't order it from BGG).

Anyway mine have the information on the side as well.

Perhaps it's just a change in layout but not a change in content? That is to say the cards look different but aren't actually new from your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing one is the Japanese version and one the Taiwanese version from Taiwan Boardgame Design. I have the latter (the Taiwanese version), like the OP.

It would be good to know if the beans are actually different, or if it's just the layout.

Edit: I have to say I prefer the layout on the Taiwanese version. Lucky me!
(But I guess this is influenced by that being the version I'm used to playing with.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ld paulson

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

To be clear, I'm playing a loaner copy.

Part of the reason for my question is to be certain I get this same version when it's time for me to purchase. And curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn’t notice but the second picture is English and Chinese rather than English and Japanese. You have all solved the mystery!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.