6 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Lost Army - Flag of the Fallen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question from a Brit to fellow fans across 'The Pond'.

What flag is the 'Flag of the Fallen' representing? It's a blue flag with a yellow, five-pointed star right in the middle of it.

I'm an Americanophile and know a fair bit about the later period of the West and a bit about Alamo lore... but I'm drawing a blank here. I know about the famous black and white 'Come And Take It' cannon flag, and was rather hoping that might show up here, in a mission where the baddies are Santa Anna's men. I know it's not the 1824 one either or the official Texan flag.

I assume it's a Texian thing rather than a Mexican one? One of the encounters mentions 'an older flag' too, so I wondered if they were connected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus is it this one?

If so it is David G. Burnet Flag (12/10/1836-1/24/1839)- Adopted as the first national flag by the First Congress of the Republic of Texas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! I knew someone would recognise it! Looks like I have some history reading to do!

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
Question from a Brit to fellow fans across 'The Pond'. (...)

Ha ha ha.
The answer came from someone who is from across another pond than expected...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see there are US history buffs in Australia and Europe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing with an Alternate History timeline for SoB and been reading the Texas / Mexican history recently so I remembered a page with various flags on. Glad to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.