Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristof Tersago
Belgium
Sint Truiden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the other half of the gaming group played 'Carcassone', Gudrun, Els, Francoise and I played a game of 'Adel Verpflichtet'. Gudrun and Francoise played the game before and explained the rules to Els and I. I don't know if it was the beer or the fact that it was already late, but it took Els and me quite some time before we understood the rules.

I started off with a very nice collection and started exposing it right away. This put me well in advance of the others but left me with few spare cards. When the stealing began, my collection was reduced to crumbles pretty fast and due to bad expense and thief management, I had little chance of catching up again. So I tried to reach the end before my collection was too small to do an exposition. Meanwhile the others had collections of up to six cards with sufficient spare cards to keep serious shows and they all catched up pretty quick.

In the last round, I managed to just jump into the dining room by catching somebody else's thief and the final bidding started. I only had a collection of three cards where Francoise and Gudrun could show five and six cards. They hopped over me, giving Gudrun the first place. Francoise came in second, I was third and Els was last.

We all liked the game but it left a weird feeling with me. I had a good collection to start with and had to admit I played quite lousy. Still I could reach the dining room first and if I had made one mistake less, would have been second as well. So I had a feeling this game was quite luck dependant but then again there seemed to be some tactics in there as well. Perhaps a second or third game could clear things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Musti (#33018),
This game is definitely at its best when played with 5 (or six if you have the expanded version).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.