Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kidnapped! & Where Doom Awaits Setup [SPOILERS] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filippos T.
Greece
Volos
flag msg tools
What happens if i pass the skill test on Kidnapped! and i do not have any allies? Do i still take the 2 damage? In Where Doom Awaits setup instructions..I have previously restored Silas Bishop so i dont spawn the Conglomeration but what about the Abominations encounter set? Do i still shuffle it in the deck? Bonus question: When do i shuffle my deck when it is out of cards or when i need to draw and it is out of cards? If i shuffle when i need to draw what happens if i draw 2 Beyond the Veil back to back while my deck is empty..20 damage? ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Quote:
Kidnapped and no allies

The way I read Kidnapped is that you make the skill test regardless of whether you have allies or not. If you pass then nothing happens. If you fail then one of your allies is Kidnapped. If you fail and have no allies then you take 2 damage.

There is apparently a ruling somewhere that says this. (See https://arkhamdb.com/card/02220)

Quote:
Where Doom Awaits and Hideous Abominations

If "the investigators put Silas Bishop out of his misery" then you use the Hideous Abominations encounter set. Otherwise it is unused and will stay where ever you keep all the rest of your cards.

Quote:
Empty Deck

See "Drawing Cards" in the rule reference. When you need to draw a card from your investigator deck and cannot because it is empty. You first shuffle your discard pile to make a new deck and then take 1 horror.

Also yes, you would take 20 damage. Sucks but the second one probably never got drawn since the first one likely defeated you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you pass the skill test on Kidnapped, nothing happens. Kidnapped is: Do a test, if you fail, choose A or B. This is clarified on the ArkhamDB page for the card. If you fail when you have no Allies, you take 2 damage.

You only get the Hideous Abominations set if you killed Silas ("put him out of his misery". The text for adding that set is covered in a single bullet starting "If the investigators put Silas Bishop out of his misery..." so if you do not have that line in your campaign log, you ignore the entire bullet.

You shuffle your discard back into your deck when you need to draw but your deck is empty. If you draw a Beyond the Veil while your deck is empty, you'll take 10 damage immediately and discard BTV...so yes, if the BTV Surged into a second copy you'd immediately take another 10 damage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippos T.
Greece
Volos
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot guys.. I just had a 6 hour long full Dunwich campaign and these questions came up so i though i would ask to be done with em apparently i played them all correct!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.