LYNGK» Forums » General

Subject: Potentials reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When Lyngk was published I read on BGG forums that in 2018 potentials would be reprinted (possibly all 3 sets in one single box), but I haven't found anything about it recently. Is there any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is pretty precisely the rumor I heard, although I don't recall the specific 2018 part. So, at least we got the same rumor, it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Regis Plasmator
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you can always use LYNGK for potentials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about this, but I see problems... There are some potentials that can "jump" from the original pieces, so you don't know to which player they are related. If I have a red Dvonn piece on a white disc, I know that it's a white piece, but when the red piece "jumps" and goes on a black piece to takeover, how can you distinguish it? Or consider the Tamsk potentials, that when used jumps off and becomes a simple piece...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely correct, Tanelorn. Just because the LYNGK pieces match and "represent" the other boxes' colors does not make them suitable Potential replacements. Each player has a set of potentials in the player color for a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzaar pieces it's a partial idea. You can use 3 pawns of the 3 different tzaar pieces (both white and black). This simulates 3 potentials. Still missing two type of potentials (maybe 3 dvonn pieces and 3 yinsh rings for white and black each?) and 3 basic pieces for color. It's not easy to replace potentials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.