Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Like many of you, I have a fixation with completing games and also getting as much mileage out of my core boxes as possible. These two things are clearly at odds, and top it off with my compulsion to sleeve, you’ve got a recipe for heartache. I lean heavily on wooden inserts to help me, but until we get one for Spirit Island we’re left to our own devices. But we’ve got good devices, so without further ado, here’s my solution:

That’s everything retail, including the two promo spirits. I have my Major and Minor Powers in the Ultra Pro Pro-Deck Box, the Spirit cards, progression cards and Player Reference cards in one regular deck box, and the Events, Fear, Blight and Invader cards in the other. None of them are tightly packed, although they don’t have a lot of room left for more cards, if you’re thinking far into the future.

The small Plano 3400 has the tokens from the expansion, the larger 3500 fits all of the non-player tokens from the core, and all of my player pieces are in the little canvas bags. I keep the Terror Level dividers (in a plastic baggie) and the Adversary and Scenario cards under the Fear board. Overall, with the rule books on top of the map tiles, you have virtually no lid lift (about 2mm, about the thickness of the rule book).

I think you could fit one more 3400 in there if you had to (to store more Invaders and Dahan) and there would be plenty of room in the deck boxes if you used non-premium or no sleeves, for a future expansion or the Champions of Dahan expansion. Set up and tear down is less than five minutes. The contents are well packed, and don’t shuffle around much. It can be stored on its side without fear! Total cost was about $15.

Hope some of you find this useful, happy storing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Spirit boards I store in the expansion box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not trying to steal your 'thunder' but I'd thought I would post my solution as well. Its very similar to yours.

I use a Plano 3500 for the base game pieces, and a smaller Plano 3448 for the expansion stuff. I like to keep the base game and expansion stuff segregated in the box for the days my group doesn't want to play with the expansion.

I'm able to fit everything from the base game, and the expansion, including the additional promo spirits in the single main box.

A wood insert would help so much with organization of this amazing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pureka

Massachusetts
msg tools
I know this is weird, but can you find links to the exact boxes you use? Doing something logical like feeding 'Plano 3500' into Amazon gets me like 50 items none of which are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PerceptiveMan wrote:
I know this is weird, but can you find links to the exact boxes you use? Doing something logical like feeding 'Plano 3500' into Amazon gets me like 50 items none of which are the same.

I tried to get a 3500 on Amazon and wound up with a 3700. I tossed the stickers on mine with the proper item numbers, but I got both the 3500 and the 3400 at Walmart. If you’re in the continental US, you might find them there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the Plano 3500 you're looking for.

You can get it at Walmart, but it is lots cheaper per unit to buy the four-pack at Cabela's.

The smaller box is a Plano 3448-60.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pureka

Massachusetts
msg tools
RockLobster wrote:
This is the Plano 3500 you're looking for.

You can get it at Walmart, but it is lots cheaper per unit to buy the four-pack at Cabela's.

The smaller box is a Plano 3448-60.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.