Hannibal & Hamilcar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tutorial 2 ­— Overrun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Seeger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey! Question regarding tutorial 2: I solved it by just taking Hannibal and dropping CUs on three of the Roman PCs, and then spending 3 points to flip those, leading to me controlling the majority of spaces in Celtiberia.

However, the tutorial advises that overrun is possible. Is there a way to overrun the 1 Roman CU in Celtiberia, and still get your armies back to Saguntum and Cartala, *and* flip enough PCs to control Celtiberia? I feel like I've missed something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need to "get back" to both of those cities if you split up the army early enough...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Seeger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hum, I still don't get it. An "Army" contains a general, so I need one general in Saguntum and one general in Cartala at the end of the round. Moving either Hannibal or Mago to the one Roman CU and back to Cartala takes 5 moves, so I would need to play a second card to activate the general twice.

The only other way I see is for Hannibal to drop off Mago at some point, and then moving Mago, thereby getting more than 4 moves, but I don't think the rules allow "double activation" of generals (once as subordinate, and then as commanding officer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeeger wrote:
Hum, I still don't get it. An "Army" contains a general, so I need one general in Saguntum and one general in Cartala at the end of the round. Moving either Hannibal or Mago to the one Roman CU and back to Cartala takes 5 moves, so I would need to play a second card to activate the general twice.
You have a Minor Campaign, so you can move both Generals with that and you only have to convert 3 spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Seeger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know I can do this without overrunning anything, just drop off three CUs and convert. I am however wondering whether it's possible to do an overrun, as the playbook strongly hints it to be possible.

Getting any army to the one roman CU and back to where it needs to be at the end of the scenario doesn't seem possible, which is why I'm asking here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tutorial 2 ­— Overrun if you feel you must
jeeger wrote:
Getting any army to the one roman CU and back to where it needs to be at the end of the scenario doesn't seem possible, which is why I'm asking here.
Well if you insist.

1. Using an Allied Auxiliary Card to activate, Hannibal leaves Mago at Saguntum with 1CU and moves to Budua with 9CUs, where he overruns the Roman.

2. Using the other Allied Auxiliary Card, Hannibal moves Salamanca> Segovia> Cartala, dropping 1 CU in Salamanca and Sergovia, ending with 7CUs.

3. The Minor Campaign is used to convert Salamanca, Sergovia and Cartala to Carthaginian control and then you remove the isolated Roman markers in Budua and Toletum at the end of the turn.

You have control of Celtiberia and Armies in Cartala and Saguntum, so win the tutorial.

Wonder what the Romans were up to all this time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Seeger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! Going to have to test this out later. Wonder why I was confused at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.